Anyone on here ever written a business plan?

Dave

I've never written a business plan but I did a marketing degree and did plenty of business reports and the like.  I'd imagine it's highly focusssed on ROI (return on investment, not Republic of Ireland).  So basically heavily focussing on how you'd allocate your budget, e.g. £15k marketing, £40k staff, etc and what you'd expect to get back based on real life examples, market trends, etc.

If you PM'ed me a few details I'd probably be able to give you a few pointers even though I've got no direct experience of writing a business plan.  I've been conditioned to be analytical about business and all that, so I reckon I could probs help.

I've never written a business plan but I did a marketing degree and did plenty of business reports and the like.  I'd imagine it's highly focusssed on ROI (return on investment, not Republic of Ireland).  So basically heavily focussing on how you'd allocate your budget, e.g. £15k marketing, £40k staff, etc and what you'd expect to get back based on real life examples, market trends, etc.

If you PM'ed me a few details I'd probably be able to give you a few pointers even though I've got no direct experience of writing a business plan.  I've been conditioned to be analytical about business and all that, so I reckon I could probs help.

Will do, cheers.

In all seriousness, similar to what Interpolic has said. Make sure all costs are accountable, and you can explain exactly how you expect them to be apportioned. In terms of expected returns, I'd assume all you can do is research the market itself, preferably in considerable detail, and try to get hold of figures for similar companies in that sector. Is it a full business plan?

I'd imagine the more important part re: objectives is not what they are but showing how you intend to realise them - details of your strategy (financial, marketing or otherwise.)

Reading that back it doesn't sound hugely helpful, sorry.  :doh:

Ooh! How you assess the ROI might be important - i.e. ARR, payback, etc methods.

I'd imagine you assess the return on any investment through more than one method. Different ways of showing it and all that.