Should Chris Hughton wear a suit?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really, truly and honestly from the bottom of my heart, don't care :)

You take care of the little things, the big things take care of themselves. I think if we put Hughton in a suit, instantly he'd be more commanding and authoritative.

You take care of the little things, the big things take care of themselves. I think if we put Hughton in a suit, instantly he'd be more commanding and authoritative.

What a bunch of American business training clap trap

:snod:

Anyway isn't he head coach now not manager since he doesn't have full control of transfers or the day to day running of the club :)

Anyway isn't he head coach now not manager since he doesn't have full control of transfers or the day to day running of the club :)

Well, I'm pretty sure his title is manager. The rest of it is speculation outside the scope of this topic which is about suits. :D

Will it make a load of difference? Maybe he doesn't like wearing a suit?

I dunno. I can picture him at the play-offs (Christ, I hope we don't have to go through that) wearing his sweatshirt. It's tacky, man, woman.

He'd definitely look good in a suit. I could see him playing poker in a tux, martini in hand a la Bond. I really believe he could pull that look off. Great topic Keef.

Cheers, mate. I'm glad someone appreciates it.

Absolutely correct. Hughtpn gives the impression he is too matey with the players to begin with, a suit would definitely give him more of a manager clout impression wise. Shearer wasn't daft and he donned a suit and looked all the more impressive for it. Can't see it happening though, Chris just isn't that bold to make the move.

Do they sell suits (not shell) @ sportsdirectdotcom? If not, there's no chance he will.

I'm sure Ashley wouldn't be happy with his head coach raising the tone of the club anyway. Probably not long before he and the players have to have sportsdirectdotcom tattooed on their foreheads.

Martin O'Neil has done ok from wearing tracksuit pants and an old rugby top though, hasn't he?

And that is why he'll never be a true great. On the other hand, if someone's as good as Cloughie they can do what the fuck they want.

Will it make a load of difference? Maybe he doesn't like wearing a suit?

I dunno. I can picture him at the play-offs (Christ, I hope we don't have to go through that) wearing his sweatshirt. It's tacky, man, woman.

Brian Clough seemed to manage okay wearing tracksuit bottoms and a green sweatshirt.

While I'm joshing a bit, I think it does lend an insight in his character, along with his much quoted lines about groups of lads, etc. Right now, he's not a manager: he is still a coach and one of the boys. Obviously, a suit isn't going to fix anything, but there must come a point when he says, "Look, I'm boss."

While I'm joshing a bit, I think it does lend an insight in his character, along with his much quoted lines about groups of lads, etc. Right now, he's not a manager: he is still a coach and one of the boys. Obviously, a suit isn't going to fix anything, but there must come a point when he says, "Look, I'm boss."

Did Keegan wear a suit?

Did Keegan wear a suit?

Only in court.