The Sailing thread(Americas Cup)

Guest Chris P

Guest Chris P

For anyone who's interested here's a link to to the largest wing ever built for BMW Oracle racing team for the next America's Cup . The proportions are literally enormous.

http://bmworacleracing.com/en/news/articles/00_pr/news15.html?track.refer=/en/news/current/overview.html&track.type=news

And the the best Sailing website in the world amusingly called

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/index_page1.php

I had some sailing lessons in the early 90s,.. cant remember anything tho, loved it,.. mainly the BBq on the jetty.

:lol:

;D ;D

ok, what i meant was, i loved the days over the lakes but cant remember how to sail the boat.

aw fuck it that sounds as bad as the first post.

SAILING IS SHIT!

I used to sail. Was pretty fun.

Same. Need to do more of it nowadays.

Funny how few hobbies people on here have beyond wanking and posting about football.

I always feel like Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner when i talk about my sailing experiences.

Guest Chris P

Perfect analogie, I've seen battle ships exploding of the right star of orions belt

"I've got a wet arse off the coast of Cornwall."

Was it a watery or gloopy type substance

Guest Chris P

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2447/wing1h.jpg

The biggest wing made by man kind 190ft high 52 m, for any engineers out there enjoy

Sailing is great, use to do quite a bit when I was a kid and now try and get away for a week or so every summer off the west coast of Scotland.

I'm no expert, in fact I know fuck all but I enjoy it. Seem to learn loads in the week when I go away in the summer then by the next time I go I have forgot everything.

Guest Chris P

Sailing is great, use to do quite a bit when I was a kid and now try and get away for a week or so every summer off the west coast of Scotland.

I'm no expert, in fact I know f*** all but I enjoy it. Seem to learn loads in the week when I go away in the summer then by the next time I go I have forgot everything.

Not true it's like riding a bike , any questions do not hesitate to post ,I'd love to answer them (bit of a professional you see)

Went sailing once a month at secondary school, usually on toppers - absolutely loved it. It's something I'd like to take up again if I could be arsed to find anywhere to do it.

Guest Chris P

Chris P was your dad Popeye?

No but i've been very fortunate to have been brought up in a family that sailed and have competed since i was 7 ,I raced across the north sea to holland for the first time when iwas 13 and have never looked back, 

I won my first  world championship in 2007