If you were President

peasepud

It's a tough one... what powers would I have?

I'd like to start looking for a proper manager, to be appointed after the end of this season.

I'd like to start properly looking for a buyer for Mike Ashley's share of the club, but I guess that would be beyond my remit.

Actually listen to fans about what they want the club to do (both off and on the field). And if the club disagrees with the fans, actually explain why you disagree. Honesty is the cruicial thing.

I guess the fans would still be minority shareholders, wouldn't they? Or is the plan to buy the whole club?

I think someone hasnt read any of the stuff, we would own 100% of the club

You're right, I haven't really gone into it, seems a bit far fetched to me. Especially if we need to buy the whole thing. That's for the other thread though I suppose!

Appoint Temuri Ketsbaia as manager and give him full control of transfers and team affairs.

Hold a quaterly meeting between board and fans where discussions about everything from team affairs to pie and pint prices can take place.

Hold a vote between shareholders as to who or next kit supplier and sponsor should be.

Have a raffle, the winner of which will get the joy of tearing down that Sports Direct ad on the Gallowgate.

Lobby other clubs for a serious, sensible debate on safe standing.

Guest Roger Kint

Proper manager

Wage restructure

Get rid of the big earners

This, in a related issue work on developing an extensive scouting network asap

Hold open trials for any aspiring players, charge £50 entry (to dissuade the random charvers who would turn up just 'cos they're bored). Tap into the local pool of players who give a shit about running out in the shirt.

Guest Roger Kint

Hold open trials for any aspiring players, charge £50 entry (to dissuade the random charvers who would turn up just 'cos they're bored). Tap into the local pool of players who give a s*** about running out in the shirt.

Mike? :shifty:

Hold open trials for any aspiring players, charge £50 entry (to dissuade the random charvers who would turn up just 'cos they're bored). Tap into the local pool of players who give a s*** about running out in the shirt.

Imagine if the club did that! Not only a laughing stock of the footballing world, but also accused of exploiting the thick people who think they can be footballers. It would be like the X Factor auditions!

Guest Roger Kint

Imagine if the club did that! Not only a laughing stock of the footballing world, but also accused of exploiting the thick people who think they can be footballers. It would be like the X Factor auditions!

Was thinking along those lines, imagine Goldie from Sam Jacks turning up? ;D

Guest Roger Kint

One of the aims of the Trust is to get the club back into the community with football tournaments, plenty for kids etc, a by product of that is the spotting of new talent at an early age.

Part of my first post re: scouting networks, not sure how the current status is with local scouting but it would certainly be an area to work on.

for those saying get rid of the high earners..........how do you propose to do this ?

I'd just not give them a new contract / offer them a crap contract / offer them to other clubs.

If they didn't accept then fine, but they'll be out the door when their contract is out if no-one would take me them off my hands before then.

for those saying get rid of the high earners..........how do you propose to do this ?

I'd just not give them a new contract / offer them a crap contract / offer them to other clubs.

If they didn't accept then fine, but they'll be out the door when their contract is out if no-one would take me them off my hands before then.

you may well still be paying them hugh wages for 3 or 4 years then . is it all high earners or just those that you think are under performing or do you get rid of them all even if it is to the detriment of the teasm ?

isn't it more just a case of recognising the need to cut wages.

you may well still be paying them hugh wages for 3 or 4 years then . is it all high earners or just those that you think are under performing or do you get rid of them all even if it is to the detriment of the teasm ?

What?

I already said I'd offer them a crappier contract..

I'd implement a wage structure, and there'd be no exceptions to the rule. And yes, I'm aware people may still be hanging around for 3/4 years if I couldn't shift 'em.

What?

I already said I'd offer them a crappier contract..

I'd implement a wage structure, and there'd be no exceptions to the rule. And yes, I'm aware people may still be hanging around for 3/4 years if I couldn't shift 'em.

it's all easier said than done. can you imagine the negotiations with a posiible transfer to take 30thou when people at the club are still on 50thou.

how tough would you be to the detriment of the team ?.

it's a tricky thing to try and improve the team,stick to a wage structure,and compete in the market. a lot trickier than some seem to think.