Charlie Brooker

mouldy_uk

There's definitely a thread about Gameswipe.  I love him anyway, always read his column and I think he's made some extremely watchable TV.  I was less keen on 'You Have Been Watching' than I was the '... Wipe' stuff but he still made a good fist of putting a new spin on a tired format.

• 1 month later...

His review of 2009's telly has just started on Beeb4.

Watched that on iPlayer last night, it was absolutely mint. 

Charlie Brooker reminds me of this mate of mine so much, but this mate of mine hasn't seen any of Brooker's shows yet.  I keep recommending it like.

Charlie Brooker reminds me of this mate of mine so much, but this mate of mine hasn't seen any of Brooker's shows yet.  I keep recommending it like.

Just watching that now. Noel Edmunds is fucking insane! :o

Just watching that now. Noel Edmunds is fucking insane! :o

:lol:

Was a class show. (Brooker's, not Edmunds's)

• 1 year later...

His articles in the Guardian have been pretty pish lately, but his latest one had me laughing out loud at work.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/dec/20/charlie-brooker-how-cut-tuition-fees

Take history. There's already far too much of it. In fact, mankind is generating a "past mountain", which grows 24 hours in size every single day. No one can be expected to keep all of that in their head. There simply isn't room. Even award-winning historians will be lost for words if you unexpectedly leap out in front of them and demand they list everything that happened on, say, 6 July 1919, before the special quiz music ends, especially if they thought they were alone in the house.