Cudicini suffers 'potentially life-changing injuries' after motorbike accident

ChrisMcQuillan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8357262.stm

Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has suffered "potentially life-changing injuries" in a motorbike accident in east London, police said.

He was taken to hospital after his BMW bike was involved in a collision with a car in Walthamstow at about 1030 GMT.

He has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis but a spokesman for the north London club said they were still waiting for hospital test results.

The Italian, 36, signed from London rivals Chelsea in January this year.

The female driver and a child passenger walked away from the Ford Fiesta Cudicini was in collision with and did not need hospital treatment.

No arrests

The accident happened on Forest Road.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "A 36-year-old male suffered injuries described by the London Ambulance Service as possibly life-changing and was taken to an east London hospital for further assessment and treatment.

"No arrests have been made."

A statement on Tottenham's website said: "Carlo Cudicini has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis after being involved in a road accident this morning.

Free transfer

"The 36-year-old Italian goalkeeper has been admitted to hospital and undergone scans under the supervision of club medical staff.

"The club will update supporters on Carlo as soon as there is any further information."

Cudicini was signed by manager Harry Redknapp on a free transfer and has made eight appearances standing in for the injured Heurelho Gomes.

He spent almost 10 years at the west London club after spells at AC Milan and Lazio.

His father Fabio was AC Milan's goalkeeper in the 1960s.

Guest icemanblue

I don't think I've ever heard of injuries described as 'potentially life changing'.

If you're a professional goal-keeper, and you fracture your wrists at 36, I guess that might change your life.

I was waiting for this response. It's normally 'life threatening', or 'career threatening', when in relation to sportsmen. I guess they're using 'life changing' until it's confirmed that the injuries are 'career threatening'.

Can't believe I explained that.

Why on earth was he riding a motor bike? I'm pretty sure it is in the contract of all of our players thay they are not allowed to ride motorbikes just as they are not allowed to go on skiing holidays.

I don't think I've ever heard of injuries described as 'potentially life changing'.

i have, and they suck. hard.

edit. motorcycle injurys often end with paralysis, amputation of legs/arms. Lets hope he got off easy and can live a healthy life.

What the fuck is going on with fottballers at the moment? It's like the whole lot of them are cursed

That young reserve footballer died last year

Callum Davonport stabbed

Robert Enke commits suicide

Carlo Cudicini motorbike crash

Guest icemanblue

What the fuck is going on with fottballers at the moment? It's like the whole lot of them are cursed

Callum Davonport stabbed

I know! It's almost like they're normal people or something!!1!11!

What the f*** is going on with fottballers at the moment? It's like the whole lot of them are cursed

Callum Davonport stabbed

Don't forget that so many of them are injured  :frantic:

Even Shola Ameobi!

Guest Roger Kint

Why on earth was he riding a motor bike? I'm pretty sure it is in the contract of all of our players thay they are not allowed to ride motorbikes just as they are not allowed to go on skiing holidays.

Wouldnt put it past the saggy faced turd to have him insured to the hilt and then told him to do what he wants :shifty:

In all seriousness hopefully he can recover and get back to playing soon.

What the f*** is going on with fottballers at the moment? It's like the whole lot of them are cursed

Callum Davonport stabbed

Don't forget that so many of them are injured  :frantic:

Even Shola Ameobi!

Jarque died at the begining of the season of a heart attack too...

Hope he has a good recovery and that he can lead a normal life after this, those accidents can leave horrific sequels.