Nelson Mandela RIP

Crumpy Gunt

Well there goes me buying a paper for the next week and a half and i'm staying away from Sky News aswell

Because Nelson Mandela isn't dead?  By that criteria you've stayed clear of news your whole life.

:lol:

"When Nelson Mandela dies, then and only then will I watch Sky News"

Well there goes me buying a paper for the next week and a half and i'm staying away from Sky News aswell

Because Nelson Mandela isn't dead?  By that criteria you've stayed clear of news your whole life.

No I mean if he snuffs it in the next few days. Should probably have made that a bit clearer.

Terrorist or Statesman?

Depends if you agree with what he was fighting for. History doesn't recognize people like Mandela and Toussaint as terrorists because the view in the 21st century is that they were correct in their views and defeating oppression. If someone was to agree with the views of Al Qaeda, then certainly they would not be referring to the suicide pilots/bombers as "terrorists".

Correct Minister B. - it all depends were you are coming from

However whatever Mandela was when he was slung in jail you have to say his performance since he came out has been truly magnificent

God knows what might have happened if he'd come out looking for vengeance or just a straight payback.  Instead he managed to launch a new Serf Efrika (and God knows it was needed), which, for all its problems is still one of the best places for anyone to live in Africa

• 3 years later...

sorry but isn't that incorrect?  being defined as a terrorist isn't about which side of an argument you're on (and whether you're right) it's defined by the tactics you employ to achieve your aims

so if mandela was blowing up market places full of civilians i'm sorry but he's still a fucking terrorist

• 3 weeks later...

sorry but isn't that incorrect?  being defined as a terrorist isn't about which side of an argument you're on (and whether you're right) it's defined by the tactics you employ to achieve your aims

so if mandela was blowing up market places full of civilians i'm sorry but he's still a f***ing terrorist

Every government that has ever existed in any country that has ever existed kills civilians to further their aims. All governments are terrorist organisations?

If you would have told Mandela in the mid 60's, that he'd live to be 94, would preside over a post-Apartheid South Africa, and become one of the most revered figures in not only Africa, but the world, I'm sure the guy would have taken it. If it is his time to go, then let him. There is no need to extend unnecessarily. We were blessed to have him here.