Lee Clark is the old Blackpool manager

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Lee Clark seems to be doing a canny job at Huddersfield, they won 6-0 against Wycombe today and are in the play off's in League one. Think Clarky has done a really sensible thing, starting management in lower leagues and learning how to be a manager. Well done the lad.

He didn't have a choice but to start low down tbh. He's a very humble guy and most of the great managers of today had that in the beginning. He's definitely on the right path to success imo and I hope he manages us one day.

Got to say, Huddersfield were brilliant today, they were going at them constantly and from everywhere. He's got them playing with structure and confidence. And he wears a suit.

Guest toonlass

He didn't have a choice but to start low down tbh. He's a very humble guy and most of the great managers of today had that in the beginning. He's definetly on the right path to success imo and I hope he manages us one day.

Got to say, Huddersfield were brilliant today, they were going at them constantly and from everywhere. He's got them playing with structure and confidence. And he wears a suit.

:snod:

He's hired a very good coach in Derek Fazackerley & he's given Terry McDermott a job (can't say whether McDermott's a good coach or not, but he hung around enough decent coaches in his time here that something must have rubbed off).

A Huddersfield fan I know thinks he's the best manager they've had in years, he's apparently brought some decent players in too, not necessarily great players but ones that fit well in the team.

It is nice to see Clarkie doing well it wasnt that long ago people on here used to mock Clarkie along with Terry Mac.

Only because it was never clear what they actually did other than provide the laughs. :lol:

It is nice to see Clarkie doing well it wasnt that long ago people on here used to mock Clarkie along with Terry Mac.

Only because it was never clear what they actually did other than provide the laughs. :lol:

Clarkie was first team coach & manager of the reseves!!!! FFS!!!

Terry Mac IIRC himself has said he is not a coach.

It's good to see Clarke proving himself by results rather than local affection is my way of looking at it. Chris Hughton also deserves respect by that token though.

Okay I am way late to this party so if anyone could tell me why Lee Clark's nickname is Jigsaw that would be appreciated.

I was wondering that.

Stuey Barlow was nicknamed Jigsaw by our fans because he fell to pieces in the box.

Another one people slagged off without possibly knowing how good he actually was at his job.

Another one people slagged off without possibly knowing how good he actually was at his job.

Did anyone really slag Clarkie off, or did they just not get enthusiastic about giving former players jobs unless they had proved themselves?

Okay I am way late to this party so if anyone could tell me why Lee Clark's nickname is Jigsaw that would be appreciated.

I was wondering that.

Stuey Barlow was nicknamed Jigsaw by our fans because he fell to pieces in the box.

Same.

I was wondering that.

Hmm, you also nicked the tune of "He's got no hair but we don't care" to "He's got red hair..." for Moyes, so I'm guessing ours came first. ;)

Would really love to see Shearer in the lower leagues learning his trade. I just dont think he would go that far down though.

Like Ince? Or any other League 2 manager that would get totally bumraped after a move to the Premiership? It's not the way to go, at all. If you're gonna be a top manager you start at the top.