Problem in Gen Chat

Mowen

Not enough thread starters. For all I've enjoyed the forum of late it feels like there isn't much variety, not enough different topics to discuss and it feels like every time I come in all the new posts have gone in the 30-350 page behemoths. There's a lot of interesting stuff around but ultimately it's always going to get lost or forgotten two or three posts down.

Keef has been good recently and started a fair few, always feels a bit more lively and/or thought provoking when there are a few more new threads on the go rather than the same old ones being updated with new stories.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Not enough thread starters. For all I've enjoyed the forum of late it feels like there isn't much variety, not enough different topics to discuss and it feels like every time I come in all the new posts have gone in the 30-350 page behemoths. There's a lot of interesting stuff around but ultimately it's always going to get lost or forgotten two or three posts down.

Keef has been good recently and started a fair few, always feels a bit more lively and/or thought provoking when there are a few more new threads on the go rather than the same old ones being updated with new stories.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Yeah fair point.  I think a lot of it is down to confidence in whether things worth a new topic, especially for relatively new people like myself.  But also as you touch on we've got so many far-reaching topics about Music, Films, etc so generally I tend to just plump things in there admittedly, and you're right in that it hardly instigates more debate / piss taking / whatever.

I'll start a thread about that NME list - people are practically killing each other over it on the Guardian's website.

Everyone's got a 'no replies' thread under their belt at some stage...good example there as I won't generally go in the music thread as utube vids don't display at work so I've got no idea what anyone's on about.

Everyone's got a 'no replies' thread under their belt at some stage...good example there as I won't generally go in the music thread as utube vids don't display at work so I've got no idea what anyone's on about.

I've got about 8 of the fuckers. :'(

Just the one for me I think...it was deserved though. Pile of shit.

Just the one for me I think...it was deserved though. Pile of shit.

I just checked. Only got the 1. Only started about 10 threads though. I'm not a story starter tbh. I don't care enough about.. well.. anything to start stories.

Im sad enough that I actually checked too :lol:

0 in Football

5 in Gen Chat

0 in Games

2 in Help

Not a bad return from the 565 threads ive started :lol:

haha a helpful bunch we are. 2 unanswered help threads. Poor show boys.

If I ever think of anything for a thread topic it's usually when I'm away from the computer (e.g. it'll stem from a discussion I've had at work/the pub etc) so by the time I'm back on here I've either forgotten what it was or end up just lumping it into another thread as I've lost enthusiasm for it. Maybe I'll have to start logging on on my mobile. :lol: