Rate a bands back catalogue

Leazes1986

Oasis:

Definitely Maybe - 10/10 (The greatest album ever imo)

(What's The Story) Morning Glory? - 9.5

Be Here Now - 8.5

The Masterplan - 9.6

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants - 6

Heathen Chemistry - 5

Don't Believe The Truth - 9

The Stone Roses:

The Stone Roses - 9.5

Turns Into Stone - 9

The Second Coming - 6

The Libertines:

Up The Bracket - 9.9

The Libertines - 7

The Charlatans:

Some Friendly - 7

Between 10th & 11th - 7

Up To Our Hips - 8

The Charlatans - 8.5

Tellin 'Stories - 9

Us And Us Only - 8

Wonderland - 9 (haven't bothered even trying the last 2 Charlatans records since everyone has said they are a big pile of shit)

The Prodigy:

Experience - 8.5

Music For The Jilted Generation - 9

Fat Of The Land - 8

What exactly is good about Don't Believe The Truth?

People have said it's half decent, or even somewhat good, but there isn't one song on there that is remotely interesting, at least on Heathen Chemistry there were a couple of tracks that were listenable.

What exactly is good about Don't Believe The Truth?

People have said it's half decent, or even somewhat good, but there isn't one song on there that is remotely interesting, at least on Heathen Chemistry there were a couple of tracks that were listenable.

Heathen Chemistry is dogshit apart from SCYHO, Songbird, Born On A Different Cloud and The Hindu Times. Don't Believe The Truth is a top notch album imo. It's not Noel trying to write songs he's already wrote like he tried and failed to do on Heathen Chemistry. Turn Up The Sun is brilliant. Got some swagger to it. Mucky Fingers is cool as fuck. Lyla is a good tune, Love Like A Bomb is a brilliant little song. The Importance Of Being Idle is a classic. One of my favourite Oasis songs. The Meaning Of Soul is a quality in your face tune. I love Guess God Thinks I'm Abel. Maybe my favorite Liam song. Part Of The Queue is another quality track. Keep The Dream Alive is one of the weaker tracks but its still got a great chorus, A Bell Will Ring is canny. Let There Be Love would be in my top 10 favorite Oasis songs ever. Its an album where i hardly ever skip a track. The thing is some people dismiss Oasis these days because they haven't matched the first two albums. They are a different band now though. Noel is hardly gonna be writing songs about wanting to be a rock 'n' roll star anymore. One of Noel's biggest problems is he set the standards so high in the early days, that he can never please everyone now. I wasn't expecting them to write an album as good as the last one though. My opinion anyway.

Without turning this into another Oasis thread, I think Don't Believe the Truth is pretty shit, 9/10 is a massive exaggeration IMO. I'd give it about 6, its not bad, its just not particularly good.

Without turning this into another Oasis thread, I think Don't Believe the Truth is pretty shit, 9/10 is a massive exaggeration IMO. I'd give it about 6, its not bad, its just not particularly good.

Well think of an album you have where you like every single track, then you'll know where i'm coming from. To be fair it got some great reviews as well, which people wouldn't expect with all the Oasis bashing you get these days.