The "help fellow posters do Christmas on the cheap" thread

Interpolic

Thought it was a good idea to start this off in the run-up to Christmas.  CDs and DVDs are easy presents imo, but add what you like.

I wanna get my lass the Six Feet Under boxset amongst other things, but the cheapest I've seen is £55.  That's a bargain really, but I want it cheaper if possible.

I'll start us off with a few:

Series 1-3 of the American Office for £13.  That's just an insane price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Office-American-Workplace-Seasons-1-3/dp/B001F7A0D4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258583911&sr=8-4

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5446514/The-Office-An-American-Workplace-Seasons-1-3-Boxset/Product.html

Curb Your Enthusiasm Series 1-6 for £45.  That's a good price, but I got Series 1-5 for £35 two years ago and have kinda got used to the price of everything coming down and down:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Curb-Your-Enthusiasm-Complete-Seasons/dp/B0014T7ELO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258584413&sr=1-1

Polaroid Pogo for £23 now, that's a steal.  I've got one of these and they're good fun:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Digital-Photo-Printer-Technology/dp/B001APNVTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258584990&sr=8-1-catcorr

What is a Polaroid Pogo?

It's a little printer.  You bluetooth the photo file to the Pogo and it prints out a little picture that's also a sticker.  It doesn't need ink as the ink's in the paper and the paper's not that dear (about 20p a sheet and you get them in tens or whatever).  It's a canny little novelty item, which RRP'ed at over a hundred quid so £24's spot on.

Why couldnt you have made this thread yesterday, before Lanky bought his presents?!

I wasn't aware he'd bought them already, I owe him one for the butter seal thing.

Be Here Now probly only cost you a quid second hand

That's a particular bargain folks, since every track lasts (AN EPIC!) 7 minutes.  When I'm on coke, I wouldn't advise anyone to take anything I say seriously.  I'd be being generous to myself to even say you should bother talking to me.  The same principle applies here.

That's a particular bargain folks, since every track lasts (AN EPIC!) 7 minutes.  When I'm on coke, I wouldn't advise anyone to take anything I say seriously.  I'd be being generous to myself to even say you should bother talking to me.  The same principle applies here.

GREAT ALBUM

GREAT ALBUM

What bits of Oasis' back catalogue aren't great out of interest?

GREAT ALBUM

Heathen Chemistry (pretty much the whole album, only 4 or 5 good tracks), Little James, I can See A liar, Put Your Money Where You Mouth Is, Any song Liam wrote that was a B-Side (exsept pass me down the wine), Ain't Got Nothin', The Nature of reality. I could probably come up with more but i'll leave it at that.

GREAT ALBUM

Heathen Chemistry (pretty much the whole album, only 4 or 5 good tracks), Little James, I can See A liar, Put Your Money Where You Mouth Is, Any song Liam wrote that was a B-Side (exsept pass me down the wine), Ain't Got Nothin', The Nature of reality. I could probably come up with more but i'll leave it at that.

Fair enough.  I heard 'put your money where your mouth is' and absolutely adored it when I was too young to realise what a Doors rip-off it was.

What you getting people for Christmas?  Anything exciting?  Anything cheap?

Boss TU-2

Dunlop Cry Baby

Fret pollish and cloth

Power Pack for my pedals

72 Dunlop Tortex 0.88 mm picks

€200 ish

Eh?  Are they your presents?  I need ideas for cheap stuff to buy for my gf, brothers, mam and dad man!  I'm not getting you anything (as far as I know).

Boss TU-2

Dunlop Cry Baby

Fret pollish and cloth

Power Pack for my pedals

€200 ish

Eh?  Are they your presents?  I need ideas for cheap stuff to buy for my gf, brothers, mam and dad man!  I'm not getting you anything (as far as I know).

Ya that's what i'm getting  :smug:

You can buy us a Boss CS-3 if you're feeling generous.

Boss TU-2

Dunlop Cry Baby

Fret pollish and cloth

Power Pack for my pedals

€200 ish

Ah shucks.  Areet then, how much?  :lol:

Boss TU-2

Dunlop Cry Baby

Fret pollish and cloth

Power Pack for my pedals

€200 ish

http://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_cs3_compression_sustainer.htm?sid=721414c70767ffceb66b033c8ef72ec1

Boss TU-2

Dunlop Cry Baby

Fret pollish and cloth

Power Pack for my pedals

€200 ish

http://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_cs3_compression_sustainer.htm?sid=721414c70767ffceb66b033c8ef72ec1

Aha, thought it was a variation on Hugo Boss you little tyke, forget it.

Guest Heneage

Boss TU-2

Dunlop Cry Baby

Fret pollish and cloth

Power Pack for my pedals

€200 ish

Aha, thought it was a variation on Hugo Boss you little tyke, forget it.

Depending on how desperate you get.

www.madbid.com