Shola wants to go to the World Cup... for Nigeria

nufcmichael

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-star-Shola-Ameobi-set-for-shock-World-Cup-call-up-article225267.html

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi could be in line for a shock World Cup call-up - with Nigeria.

Ameobi, 28, has represented England at Under-21 level but is eligible to play for Nigeria after being born and spending the first six years of his life in the African country.

Nigerian FA chiefs have tried to call him up in the past and Ameobi admits he would jump at the chance to represent the country at next summer’s World Cup and the African Nations Cup.

Guest elbee909

would love to see him there

'And Shola Ameobi, the England reject, scores the goal that puts England, out of the World Cup'.

I'd actually really like to see that.

:lol: Shola ffs. Nothing would surprise me after the Kayode Odejayi debacle, but the man really has no place in the squad. I would rather a young up and comer than Shola, and aging failure. If any English player converts to Nigeria for the World Cup it will be Nedum Onuoha of Man City. Also, Dennis Aogo of Hamburg.

Kanu?

Yes, he still plays for us. Is captain as well. He is actually very,very useful as a substitute on the African continent. However, he really has no place on the pitch against European or even top African sides. Will be interesting to see how that develops

Babatunde would be the expert here, but aren't Nigeria blessed up front? Martins, Yakubu, Obasi, Obinna, Kanu, Odenwingie, Uche and Anichebe have all played for them lately.

But from Shola's point of view, good luck to him.

You can't say there blessed then just list a string of donkeys man.

Babatunde would be the expert here, but aren't Nigeria blessed up front? Martins, Yakubu, Obasi, Obinna, Kanu, Odenwingie, Uche and Anichebe have all played for them lately.

But from Shola's point of view, good luck to him.

You can't say there blessed then just list a string of donkeys man.

Pretty sure Yakubu has a better record in England than anyone England will be taking.

I don't know why reading this thread I got a flashback of Mutiu scoring that header against Spain in the 1998 WC, when we didn't get past the group stages.

I actually liked Mutiu a lot. But Zubizarreta should have had that header.

:smitten: One of my favorite matches ever, man. Oliseh's thunderstriker was one of the defining moments of childhood. The '98 team was so good. I remember we came out so strong , and everyone was talking about Nigeria playing Brasil in the quarters. But, typical Naija style, we ended up getting crushed by Denmark in the second round. :lol: good memories, though. That Spain team was class too, though.