Shola wants to go to the World Cup... for Nigeria

nufcmichael

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Rumour is they're going to blood him in the U21 side before seeing if he can make the national team starting 11. Good luck to him.

Yes, that team coupled the generation of players that won the 1992 Olympics (Guardiola, Sergi, Guerrero, Luís Enrique, Ferrer...) with classics like Hierro and Nadal still kicking strong, plus the talents of the future like Raúl and Kiko. It was talked as the best squad Spain had any hope to muster in many years and - in glorious Spanish style - we fucked it up.

I remember watching how we battered Bulgaria 6-1, and how frustrating it was to go out that way.  Felt a bit bad about Nigeria not making it further. Any chance of seeing an African team in semifinals this time around?

In my opinion, any of Cameroon, Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, and Ghana can go far in this tourney. This is easily the strongest contingent Africa has sent to the World Cup, and with added incentive of it actually being in Africa, things will be interesting. The Ivorians are the strongest at the moment, but things change quickly in Africa. I will say that Africa will have more than one team in the knockout stages this time, for sure. It would be a massive disappointment if not. Nations Cup will be interesting, but last time Ghana were terrible in that but still showed well at the WC.

This is crazy. Surely Nigeria can call on better than wor stroller.

He couldn't get a look in when we were in the prem, now we've got relegated and he's managed to find the net (and not looking too convincing doing it either) he's eyeing up the WC.

What next, Nolan called up as back-up to Rooney?

Guest Roger Kint

Ivory Coast will make the quarters unless they get stuck in another 'group of death'.

Thats another of Fifa's masterstrokes trying to shoehorn 1 Euro/1 S America/1 Africa/1 A N Other in each group instead of just drawing the top 8 seeds and letting fate choose the rest

He's had nowt but stick whenever he's worn a Newcastle shirt for the last 9 years, now he wants to play international football and he's getting stick for not being available. :lol:

Anyone going to that cunt of a tournament gets stick off me, never mind its very similar to Owen going to the WC just after recovering from injury for us. He's going to get back and finally up to fitness and be out for a month, its not on, not when the league is so tight ATM.

Let's see how happy you are for him when he's returned injured, finally gets a good spell of goals (which im delighted about) then he's injured for most of the season.

Guest Chubby Jason

Babatunde would be the expert here, but aren't Nigeria blessed up front? Martins, Yakubu, Obasi, Obinna, Kanu, Odenwingie, Uche and Anichebe have all played for them lately.

But from Shola's point of view, good luck to him.

You can't say there blessed then just list a string of donkeys man.

Pretty sure Yakubu has a better record in England than anyone England will be taking.

Yeah mate, I'd have Yakubu over Rooney any day.