Shola wants to go to the World Cup... for Nigeria

nufcmichael

In my opinion, any of Cameroon, Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, and Ghana can go far in this tourney. This is easily the strongest contingent Africa has sent to the World Cup, and with added incentive of it actually being in Africa, things will be interesting. The Ivorians are the strongest at the moment, but things change quickly in Africa. I will say that Africa will have more than one team in the knockout stages this time, for sure. It would be a massive disappointment if not. Nations Cup will be interesting, but last time Ghana were terrible in that but still showed well at the WC.

Boubacar Barry still keeping goal for the Ivorians? That fella never fails to make me laugh when he plays.

Guest schmuck

So is everyone backing him to possibly miss up to 8 games in the new year if he gets a chance?

Absolutely, I don't consider Shola a Newcastle player so much as a footballing angel of mercy whom we are privileged to have 1 week of the year let alone 52, let him fly off and do his sweet and holy business wherever he is chosen I say.

Guest THE TRUTH

NO CHANCE IN HELL SHOLA!

IF YOU'VE ONCE REJECTED NIGERIA PUBLICLY, THEREBY CAUSING THE SUPER EAGLES EMBARASSMENT ..HOW DARE YOU CHAT SHIT NOW?? YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH IN ANY CASE..MARTINS, THE YAK, OBASI (HOFFENHEIM),OSAZE (LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW),UCHE (ZARAGOZA) AKPALA (CLUB BRUGGE) ARE ALL MUCH MUCH  BETTER THAN YOU...

KIDS LIKE ANICHEBE AND ALUKO WHO HONOURED THEIR FATHERLAND WHEN CALLED UP ARE WELCOME TO JOIN THE PARTY ANY TIME! SHOLA,NEDUM ONOUHA,GABBY AGBONLAHOR ETC PLEASE WAIT TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND OR NIGERIAN FANS WILL STONE YOU !

READ THIS TO HELP JOG YOUR MEMORY

Ameobi rejects Nigeria cap bid

Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England), May 1, 2004

Byline: By Miles Starforth

Shola ameobi is hoping to force his way into Sven-Goran Eriksson's England plans next season having turned down a fresh approach from his native Nigeria.

Under a new FIFA ruling Newcastle United's eight-goal striker could have switched his international allegiance to the Super Eagles this year - despite having turned out for England's Under-21s more than a dozen times.

That would have seen Ameobi fast-tracked to senior international football, as Eriksson currently has a number of forwards from which to choose.

But Ameobi (pictured) is determined to break into the full England team - and, while flattered by Nigeria's interest, the 22-year-old has politely turned them down.

Related Results

football ROUND-UP: Shola's future

Ameobi, who has made 122 career appearances and scored 23 goals for the Magpies, has set his sights on playing an even bigger role for the club next season when he hopes United will be back in the Champions League.

"I have told Nigeria I've made my decision and am going to stick to it," said Ameobi. "Hopefully next season I can play enough for Newcastle United to impress him (Eriksson)."

FIFA took the decision to give all players with dual nationalities 12 months in which to change national teams - as long as they have not already represented a country at senior level - and the ruling came into force on January 1 this year.

It saw Tottenham Hotspur striker Frederic Kanoute switch to Mali and miss a chunk of Spurs' Premiership campaign through his participation in the African Nations Cup, having represented France at Under-21 level.

Ameobi's decision will have been welcomed by Eriksson and his coaching staff, who see the forward as having a big future at international level.

He is competing alongside former Under-21 team-mate Jermain Defoe among others for a chance at senior level, where Newcastle United are already represented by Jonathan Woodgate, Kieron Dyer and Jermaine Jenas.

Eriksson said: "Shola Ameobi and Jermain Defoe have a real chance of getting into our squad. They are both fine young players and great prospects."

And Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

TWAT!!!

NO CHANCE IN HELL SHOLA!

IF YOU'VE ONCE REJECTED NIGERIA PUBLICLY, THEREBY CAUSING THE SUPER EAGLES EMBARASSMENT ..HOW DARE YOU CHAT s*** NOW?? YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH IN ANY CASE..MARTINS, THE YAK, OBASI (HOFFENHEIM),OSAZE (LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW),UCHE (ZARAGOZA) AKPALA (CLUB BRUGGE) ARE ALL MUCH MUCH  BETTER THAN YOU...

KIDS LIKE ANICHEBE AND ALUKO WHO HONOURED THEIR FATHERLAND WHEN CALLED UP ARE WELCOME TO JOIN THE PARTY ANY TIME! SHOLA,NEDUM ONOUHA,GABBY AGBONLAHOR ETC PLEASE WAIT TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND OR NIGERIAN FANS WILL STONE YOU !

READ THIS TO HELP JOG YOUR MEMORY

Ameobi rejects Nigeria cap bid

Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England), May 1, 2004

Byline: By Miles Starforth

Shola ameobi is hoping to force his way into Sven-Goran Eriksson's England plans next season having turned down a fresh approach from his native Nigeria.

Under a new FIFA ruling Newcastle United's eight-goal striker could have switched his international allegiance to the Super Eagles this year - despite having turned out for England's Under-21s more than a dozen times.

That would have seen Ameobi fast-tracked to senior international football, as Eriksson currently has a number of forwards from which to choose.

But Ameobi (pictured) is determined to break into the full England team - and, while flattered by Nigeria's interest, the 22-year-old has politely turned them down.

Related Results

football ROUND-UP: Shola's future

Ameobi, who has made 122 career appearances and scored 23 goals for the Magpies, has set his sights on playing an even bigger role for the club next season when he hopes United will be back in the Champions League.

"I have told Nigeria I've made my decision and am going to stick to it," said Ameobi. "Hopefully next season I can play enough for Newcastle United to impress him (Eriksson)."

FIFA took the decision to give all players with dual nationalities 12 months in which to change national teams - as long as they have not already represented a country at senior level - and the ruling came into force on January 1 this year.

It saw Tottenham Hotspur striker Frederic Kanoute switch to Mali and miss a chunk of Spurs' Premiership campaign through his participation in the African Nations Cup, having represented France at Under-21 level.

Ameobi's decision will have been welcomed by Eriksson and his coaching staff, who see the forward as having a big future at international level.

He is competing alongside former Under-21 team-mate Jermain Defoe among others for a chance at senior level, where Newcastle United are already represented by Jonathan Woodgate, Kieron Dyer and Jermaine Jenas.

Eriksson said: "Shola Ameobi and Jermain Defoe have a real chance of getting into our squad. They are both fine young players and great prospects."

And Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

t***!!!

:lol:

NO CHANCE IN HELL SHOLA!

IF YOU'VE ONCE REJECTED NIGERIA PUBLICLY, THEREBY CAUSING THE SUPER EAGLES EMBARASSMENT ..HOW DARE YOU CHAT SHIT NOW?? YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH IN ANY CASE..MARTINS, THE YAK, OBASI (HOFFENHEIM),OSAZE (LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW),UCHE (ZARAGOZA) AKPALA (CLUB BRUGGE) ARE ALL MUCH MUCH  BETTER THAN YOU...

Are you Babatunde in disguise?

:mackems:

NO CHANCE IN HELL SHOLA!

IF YOU'VE ONCE REJECTED NIGERIA PUBLICLY, THEREBY CAUSING THE SUPER EAGLES EMBARASSMENT ..HOW DARE YOU CHAT s*** NOW?? YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH IN ANY CASE..MARTINS, THE YAK, OBASI (HOFFENHEIM),OSAZE (LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW),UCHE (ZARAGOZA) AKPALA (CLUB BRUGGE) ARE ALL MUCH MUCH  BETTER THAN YOU...

No, my mother would slap me silly if I used such grammar and profanity. Do we have another Nigerian Mag? I doubt anyone will get stoned btw, man. This is not Egypt, fans are civil.

:lol: :lol:

might take him a while to recognise what that is.... it's the same fella who lost something, thought he'd been burgled when he couldn't find it, then found it under one of his hats or something*

*i can't remember what he lost, and he might not have found it under a hat...

but i think it might be a while before all hell breaks loose  ;D

i'd still like to see him in a green shirt at the world cup though, even if just so he could send it as a picture message to shay given  :thup:

NO CHANCE IN HELL SHOLA!

No, my mother would slap me silly if I used such grammar and profanity. Do we have another Nigerian Mag? I doubt anyone will get stoned btw, man. This is not Egypt, fans are civil.

'tis a joke man 'cause you're so passionate about your country, which is a good thing in my book :)

Had to be sig material. I find anything and everything about Shola funny these days.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well its a bit unfair on the lads who got them to the world cup, then someone suddenly showing interest in playing for them now they have qualified.

Exactly. The rest of the squad aren't exactly going to welcome him with open arms. It could put a dent in team morale.

I've got a higher opinion of Shola's ability than most on here, but I wouldn't have thought he'd be worth the aggravation.