Eponymous albums...

Interpolic

... fuck me off more than famine.

We're called The Blank, let's call our first album The Blank shall we?  You've a small avenue of creative opportunity where you can leave a phrase as your legacy.  Let's just name it after the band.

This is bollocks.  It's an absolute bag of wank.  How dare they.  We need not stand for this shit in this day and age, we call the shots.  And bands from history who've done it should be given electric shocks while they wank. inc. Stone Roses / Libertines / whoever.

... fuck me off more than famine.

We're called The Blank, let's call our first album The Blank shall we?  You've a small avenue of creative opportunity where you can leave a phrase as your legacy.  Let's just name it after the band.

This is bollocks.  It's an absolute bag of wank.  How dare they.  We need not stand for this shit in this day and age, we call the shots.  And bands from history who've done it should be given electric shocks while they wank. inc. Stone Roses / Libertines / whoever.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,29304.0.html

It's not about whether it's a good album.  Why on Earth would you just name it after the band?

Why not?  If its a good album, and they have already expressed their creativity via their music, why potential fuck it up with an embarrassing name for the CD?

Given that Rage Against The Machine is arguably the greatest album ever made I'm going to have to stick up for them.

Mowen man, I'm not saying eponymous albums are shit, rather that the concept is shit.  If you were in a band would you have trouble coming up with 1-7 ingenius words to sum up the last six months of your life?  Would you fuck, and neither would I.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, I agree with Keefaz. For example, the Deftones didn't do it until their 4th album, and that album was supposed to be their defining album. The first half of that album probably is tbh.

Yeah, I agree with Keefaz. For example, the Deftones didn't do it until their 4th album, and that album was supposed to be their defining album. The first half of that album probably is tbh.

I'm not arsed.  It should be against the law.  It's fucking shocking man.

Given that Rage Against The Machine is arguably the greatest album ever made I'm going to have to stick up for them.

Mowen man, I'm not saying eponymous albums are shit, rather that the concept is shit.  If you were in a band would you have trouble coming up with 1-7 ingenius words to sum up the last six months of your life?  Would you fuck, and neither would I.

I'd probably be worn out and accept anything, especially if I'd been singing as loud as Zac.

I'd probably be worn out and accept anything, especially if I'd been singing as loud as Zac.

Bloody hell.  Well rename the band 'Compliance With The Defeatist Attitude' rather than RATM while you're at it.

I'm very passionate about this iisue, it's important stuff.

Fuck the Pet Hates thread...this is much better. Innit. :huff:

Fuck off gm, he's clearly been inspired by my call for more threads. Obviously anyone inspired by me must be a complete basket case, but also needs sticking up for. I salute you, interpolfan.

The Beatles White album and Zeppelin 1-4 are the only exceptable ones. Doing it after your first album is worse that just calling your debut after the band

An eponymous debut is fucking shocking.  If I was in a band that was getting a bit of attention there's no chance in fuck I'd call it 'The Blankets', fucking hell.  2nd or 3rd album is even weirder although I take the point about it making a statement.  And completely disregard it, it's still a bag of wank.

Bloody hell.  Well rename the band 'Compliance With The Defeatist Attitude' rather than RATM while you're at it.

I'm very passionate about this iisue, it's important stuff.

Good name for that album I reckon, just a shame it's te same as the name of the band. It isn't as bad as naming an album after one of the songs it contains mind.

Fuck the Pet Hates thread...this is much better. Innit. :huff:

Fuck off gm, he's clearly been inspired by my call for more threads. Obviously anyone inspired by me must be a complete basket case, but also needs sticking up for. I salute you, interpolfan.

Exactly Mowen, you can't win.  I'm starting a thread about anything and everything now.  Just been to a work do with a buffet and nicked some lettuce for my hamsters.

Just trying to think of how to spin it into a thread now.