Children In Need

catmag

Guest toonlass

Littlest bain has gone to school with a pudsey bear bandana on today, and we make a donation to Children in Need every year (as well as buying Gingerbread Pudsey's and must have about 10 little Pudseys in the house).

We've had a coffee morning thing at work this morning so I paid about 50p and got a load of food including the world's best homemade pizza.  :snod: Also paid a few quid to dress down.

My work is apparently going to be mentioned on the BBC tonight and there'll be a photo of some of the divs from downstairs in the Chronicle.  :yikes:

Ended up watching the concert thing last night, not something I would have put on myself (didn't have tell control cos we were at my lass's mums) but some of it was surprisingly good, like Dizzee Rascal's cameo on Shirley Bassey's slot.  CiN usually makes me feel guilty for thinking it's so utterly shit, what with it genuinely being for a great cause and that.

Guest icemanblue

I'm all for Children in Need, and all that. But, where were they when I didn't get the motorcross bike I wanted for christmas when I was 11?

Peter Kay's new video was good. Well it wasn't, but it was a good idea. :)

The man deserves all the plaudits for pulling that together - as he said it must have been (was) a logistical nightmare - but it was and is brilliant.

:clap2:

I'll think about contributing north of a fiver when they put some entertainment on the telethon that isn't fukken dire.

Fucking hell, you miserable shitebag. Go on, cough up a tenner now. You won't miss it, but some kid more unfortunate even than you (and I know you'll find it hard to believe that such a person exists) will have their life changed for the better. :)

I'll think about contributing north of a fiver when they put some entertainment on the telethon that isn't fukken dire.

Fucking hell, you miserable shitebag. Go on, cough up a tenner now. You won't miss it, but some kid more unfortunate even than you (and I know you'll find it hard to believe that such a person exists) will have their life changed for the better. :)

Actually, come to think of it, I've probably donated more than a fiver already. Just remembered I had my brothers swimming thing on 10p a length, and he did 48 lengths. Add that to the five or six quid I've put in various buckets, collections today and I've donated north of a tenner.

I was just making a point about the telethon, really. I know what a really good cause this is, but the shite they pummell us with on BBC1 all night long (the entertainment side, not the appeal) is truely awful.

Guest Heneage

f***ing hell, you miserable shitebag. Go on, cough up a tenner now. You won't miss it, but some kid more unfortunate even than you (and I know you'll find it hard to believe that such a person exists) will have their life changed for the better. :)

I've donated nothing, but do not wish to look Scrooge like.

FYP.  :razz:

Actually, come to think of it, I've probably donated more than a fiver already. Just remembered I had my brothers swimming thing on 10p a length, and he did 48 lengths. Add that to the five or six quid I've put in various buckets, collections today and I've donated north of a tenner.

I was just making a point about the telethon, really. I know what a really good cause this is, but the shite they pummell us with on BBC1 all night long (the entertainment side, not the appeal) is truely awful.

Yeah, I know mate. I agree. The only thing worse that watching Wogan and Co is being forced to watch the Jock version with Nicky Campbell and Jackie Bird.

We're watching Coronation Street instead, now. Although I'm lobbying the missus for a DVD instead. Fingers crossed. :hmm:

f***ing hell, you miserable shitebag. Go on, cough up a tenner now. You won't miss it, but some kid more unfortunate even than you (and I know you'll find it hard to believe that such a person exists) will have their life changed for the better. :)

I was just making a point about the telethon, really. I know what a really good cause this is, but the s**** they pummell us with on BBC1 all night long (the entertainment side, not the appeal) is truely awful.

i have to agree they sometimes have good stuff on but unfortunately the good stuff is few and far between and why do they get for example the cast of eastenders or the one show this year to do a  song from a musical i dont like musicals at the best of time let alone with a cast like the bbc pick to "entertain" us and before any one says anything yes i have donated and while we are on the subjest of giving here is a search engine that donates a little bit of money to a charity of your choice every time you search  just in case no one has heard of it

http://www.search2give.co.uk/