Your worst experience(s) in life?

Kaizero

What's your worst experience(s) in life? i.e. the lowest point you've had in your life/the most scared you've been in your life and such.

Personally, for me it would be a night back in November 2002 when I was first diagnosed with Diabetes type 1. I'd been feeling sick all day, and when night came I was just all over the place, vomiting, passing out and being in spasms. I remember my mother shouting and slapping me in the face trying to keep my awake, but then it all went black until I woke up almost a day after in a hospital bed. According to my doctor my bloodsugar had been so high it was close to actually breaching the guiness world record for "highest bloodsugar and surviving", and that I should've been dead long before my parents had reached the emergency room. I don't think I've never been so scared as I was when I was still concious earlier that night, not knowing what was happening to me or knowing any of the symptoms for what I was actually having. I remember drinking all kinds of sugary drinks and food trying to get better, only making everything worse. To this day I still can't even begin to fathom what kind of horror must've gone through my parents minds when all this was happening.

Probably the winter when, in brutally quick succession, I lost a job that only a few months earlier I'd come back to England to take on, a friend got stabbed to death, I split up with my girlfriend, one of my three or four closest friends died of a sudden heart attack, and my father died.

Either my Dad's death or my current break up from wife and the seperation that is causing from my son.  All I can say is think carefully when having kids as they are the greatest gift ever but the complications in a break up can create so much heartache.

Ahhhhhhh.

Areet then, probably when I had to go on anti-depressants in my late teens. 

Also a few messy break-ups.

The days before I could grow a convincing beard.

you don't grow the type of beard you need.

Guest Howaythetoon

The time my mam and dad split and everything that surrounded it all. Was shitty for a while and I don't think the family has recovered from that period in our lives, individually and collectively, not fully anyway, and never will. Having said that, on a personal level I had to grow up quick and become a man of the house type figure which has made me a very protective and responsible brother and uncle and one day father no doubt, it basically made me more of a family person.

Guest Stephen927

When I was locked in Mariahs wine cellar all I had for lunch was red wine, more red wine and captain crunch, red wine for breakfast and for brunch and to soak it up an in-between snack crackers to munch.

When my mother died of cancer when I was 10 years old.

Having emergency surgery on my balls at 3am in the morning, being told I could wake up and be infertile and never have kids amongst other things.

Having emergency surgery on my balls at 3am in the morning, being told I could wake up and be infertile and never have kids amongst other things.

I've always been curious about this but do the Doctors freeze your sperm if infertility is likely so you can have a test tube baby in future?

I've always been curious about this but do the Doctors freeze your sperm if infertility is likely so you can have a test tube baby in future?

Well it was just one possible outcome for me and still unlikely so in my case they didn't but I really don't know.

Guest toonlass

Can I ask why you had to have emergency surgery on your balls?

Because I was in immense pain and 5 doctors and two surgeons couldn't work out why.

If your balls are twisted(testicular torsion) then you have 6 hours to fix them before they die from a lack of oxygen, as they doctors and surgeons couldn't work out what was wrong with mine they decided to operate to find out what on earth was going in.

Turns out it was only a cyst, they removed that and did a few other little things down there at 3am in the morning and then released me by lunchtime the next day, less than 12 hours after the operation. I presume they were short of beds, this was at Hope Hospital in Salford.

Came back home to stay at home while I recovered etc but within a few days I was back in hospital, this time for 2 weeks or so as I had an infection, the staff at the Freeman simply could not believe I was released so soon after having an operation under general anaesthetic.

Guest toonlass

Because I was in immense pain and 5 doctors and two surgeons couldn't work out why.

If your balls are twisted(testicular torsion) then you have 6 hours to fix them before they die from a lack of oxygen, as they doctors and surgeons couldn't work out what was wrong with mine they decided to operate to find out what on earth was going in.

Turns out it was only a cyst, they removed that and did a few other little things down there at 3am in the morning and then released me by lunchtime the next day, less than 12 hours after the operation. I presume they were short of beds, this was at Hope Hospital in Salford.

Came back home to stay at home while I recovered etc but within a few days I was back in hospital, this time for 2 weeks or so as I had an infection, the staff at the Freeman simply could not believe I was released so soon after having an operation under general anaesthetic.

Bloody hell mate. Hope you are ok now.

snapping the banjo

Nearly tearing my balls off on a fence

I've done this, it's not fun. Actually maybe this is the reason that the word 'swell' evokes images of penises for some, as the swelling in these circumstances is horrific and unforgettable.

I had the torsion thing when I was 16, 2 days before lads holiday away, was recommended i miss it but i joined half way through, was fucking painful but all good now. Put my virginity on hold about 2 months, It was planned I'd lose it the night it happened :lol:

I had the torsion thing when I was 16, 2 days before lads holiday away, was recommended i miss it but i joined half way through, was fucking painful but all good now. Put my virginity on hold about 2 months, It was planned I'd lose it the night it happened :lol:

What a balls up.

Losing my granda to cancer about 10 years ago. It was awful when my grandma died too, but my granda was the first person I'd known who'd died and it knocked me for six even though I wasn't particularly close to him. Fucking terrified of losing anyone I'm really close to.