Away Fans

nufcmichael

I've had some discussions lately with other danish Newcastle fans and also with some colleagues of mine who are fans of other teams.

A couple of years ago I read an article that Newcastle had the highest average of away fans in the Premiership. Obviously we must have the highest average in the Championship now and maybe in all the english leagues.

Does anyone know if there's a statistic somewhere showing this?

Guest Roger Kint

I think nufc.com show our away following in each match report. Am guessing if you really care enough you could go through every teams own sites to work theirs out too ;D

An average of 2650 away fans in the 8 away games this season. Considering that 2 of the games were on small stadiums in Blackpool and Scunthorpe, that's a very good average.

Wolverhampton made the record last season with an average of 2800 away fans in the Championship.

An average og 2650 away fans in the 8 away games this season. Considering that 2 of the games were on small stadiums in Blackpool and Scunthorpe, that's a very good average.

Wolverhampton made the record last season with an average of 2800 away fans in the Championship.

Also have to take into account is that we have had some very awkward kick off times

Newcastle matches

30/11 2006 Frankfurt - Newcastle 0-0

Off topic, think I saw you guys in Frankfurt before that one, did you have a "Danish Mags" flag?   Seem to remember starting a chant of "Denmark, Denmark, give us a song" in a pub and you guys having a quick meeting about what song you should sing  :laugh:

Newcastle matches

30/11 2006 Frankfurt - Newcastle 0-0

Off topic, think I saw you guys in Frankfurt before that one, did you have a "Danish Mags" flag?   Seem to remember starting a chant of "Denmark, Denmark, give us a song" in a pub and you guys having a quick meeting about what song you should sing  :laugh:

Haha yeah that was us, I remember us singing: "Can you hear the geordies sing".... :)

Great atmosphere at that pub hehe

Was a cracking holiday, shame the match was quite dissapointing.  The Frankfurt fans were great though, wish fans in England would be allowed to support their team like that.

Yeah that was some great days hehe, the atmosphere at O'Reillys was just amazing...

An average of 2650 away fans in the 8 away games this season. Considering that 2 of the games were on small stadiums in Blackpool and Scunthorpe, that's a very good average.

There wont be far short of 13k in total travelling to Barnsley and Sheff Weds.