2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

11th June - 11th July 2010

http://www.bettingfixedodds.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/World-Cup-20104.jpg

Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece

Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia

Group D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Group E: Holland, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon

Group F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Group G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal

Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

England Matches: England vs USA (Sat 12th June 7.30pm), England vs Algeria (Fri 18th June, 7.30pm), England vs Slovenia (Wed 23rd June, 3.00pm)

British K-O times: 12.30pm, 3.00pm, 7.30pm

I'm unbelievably excited for this. For me, the winner just won't be Argentina. France are actually a very poor team; if Lippi insists on ignoring youth than rule Italy out. Germany are efficient but have no match-winners. Holland aren't good enough, Portugal struggle to score and England will choke like they always do. That leaves Brazil and Spain - big surprise!! Might just plump for Spain.

I don't know enough about the other teams (though Argentina looked pretty damn shit in the qualifiers to me, as did France), but I think England will make the semi-finals. If we can go on from there I don't know.

Difficult to look beyond Brazil and Spain for the winners.

Guest firetotheworks

On paper Spain are imo far better in every area to any other team out there, it just all depends whether they can take the experience of winning the Euros into the World Cup and not slumping back to being underachievers.

Their Midfield in particular. :drool:

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't trust the England back 5 to hold out in a really big game. Going forward we're good put I don't think we're good enough at the back to go on and win it.

Boring, but Spain or Brazil.

Definitely. Strangely under Eriksson it was the other way around the last time. Our back 4 was absolutely immense, and was constantly bombarded by the opposition because going forward we offered very little.

I dont rate our chances this time around at all tbh. I think we'll be there or thereabouts. But against the best we'll fall short I think.

Can't believe the Italy-France game was nearly 4 years ago, the time's really flown by. Reckon it'll be Spain or Brazil, probably pushing towards Brazil. Think England will do well, at least quarters, maybe semis. If we get some good form I could see us winning it, but it's not particularly likely.

Can't believe the Italy-France game was nearly 4 years ago, the time's really flown by. Reckon it'll be Spain or Brazil, probably pushing towards Brazil. Think England will do well, at least quarters, maybe semis. If we get some good form I could see us winning it, but it's not particularly likely.

And I still can't believe Italy-France was the final.

This time around.... I'm going for Brazil. Ivory Coast or Nigeria to make the semis.

England have Big chance this summer unlike any other time. The world cup is being help in southern hemisphear and it is gonna be chilly weather for the first time at the world cups. Plus Capello is such a canny coach he will give them at least 35% of extra advantage just by being him.

Lippi is also great coach I don't rule his side out until the end of the world cup. This time four years ego we were talking the same thing about Italy's prosppect...

Can't see anyone with a chance other than Spain or Brazil so in otherwords it'll be neither :cheesy:

I reckon Argentina will come good but won't win it. France will be shit. Germany have a decent shout. Italy won't make the semi's. England will loose on penalties somehwere along the line, Portugal will be useless and Hollan will fight amongst themselves as always.

England came through a very poor group and have been made to look a lot better than they actually are..defensively they are shit and up front options are limited and they do not have the talent or technical ability to compete with the best teams there is..To be honest i dont think England are any better than the likes of Serbia or Denmark and certainly not in the same league as the top echelon countries

England have Big chance this summer unlike any other time. The world cup is being help in southern hemisphear and it is gonna be chilly weather for the first time at the world cups. Plus Capello is such a canny coach he will give them at least 35% of extra advantage just by being him.

Lippi is also great coach I don't rule his side out until the end of the world cup. This time four years ego we were talking the same thing about Italy's prosppect...

:mackems:

England came through a very poor group and have been made to look a lot better than they actually are..defensively they are shit and up front options are limited and they do not have the talent or technical ability to compete with the best teams there is..To be honest i dont think England are any better than the likes of Serbia or Denmark and certainly not in the same league as the top echelon countries

I honestly don't know where to start with that. I've highlighted the best bit though, deary me. :facepalm:

To be honest I don't think we are that good as people make us to be, particularly at the back. But then again, it seems to me most footballing powers bar Brazil seem to be regressing this time around, so that might give us a chance if we don't choke. Brazil for me though, they have been ruthlessly effective so far and I'm not sure we have that steel.

I wouldn't trust the England back 5 to hold out in a really big game. Going forward we're good put I don't think we're good enough at the back to go on and win it.

Boring, but Spain or Brazil.

Definitely. Strangely under Eriksson it was the other way around the last time. Our back 4 was absolutely immense, and was constantly bombarded by the opposition because going forward we offered very little.

This is funny though, since the names on the teamsheet will be the same for the most part, yet you're right.