2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

I'll be furious if we get Spain. They'll f*** our goal difference beyond repair, I think.

Looking at the pots, there's probably going to be one ridiculous group, and one vacation group.

Come on, we're bound a win after the last two games, but it's not like we are guaranteed to trounce you.

What do people consider the "group of death" for England?

England, Portugal, Ivory Coast, Japan? Or Paraguay, they did well in qualifying

Pretty much.

Holland/Portugal

Ivory Coast (Mexico, Nigeria and USA all sound tricky)

Japan/Paraguay/Uruguay

Are the seedings made yet? Seen someone post the lowest one but haven't seen the other pots

2nd Dec i think. Its virtually sure though with

S Africa, England, Spain, France, Brazil, Italy, Argies & Germany in 1

The eight remaining Euro teams in 2

Africa/S America remaining in 3

South Korea, Japan, Australia, North Korea, Mexico, USA, Honduras, New Zealandin 4

Pot 1: Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, South Africa, and Spain

Pot 2: Denmark, Greece, the Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Switzerland

Pot 3: Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Honduras, Ivory Coast, Mexico, Nigeria, USA

Pot 4: Australia, Chile, Japan, New Zealand, North Korea, Paraguay, South Korea, and Uruguay

New Zealand, Algeria & Slovenia please.

Are those the official pots then? So that means USA can get drawn with North Korea? *crosses fingers*

France, Switzerland, USA, North Korea.

USA will start off thinking they'll dominate everyone, North Korea will have the firepower but know that they'll get raped if they're too attacking, France will seem strong but will rarely go forward, and Switzerland will just sort of blend into mediocrity as though no-one notices they're really there.

USA will start off thinking they'll dominate everyone, North Korea will have the firepower but know that they'll get raped if they're too attacking, France will seem strong but will rarely go forward, and Switzerland will just sort of blend into mediocrity as though no-one notices they're really there.

:lol: I was halfway through a reply before I got the joke.

Jesus Christ, public schools.

Oh howay man, I've had a few drinks.

Oh howay man, I've had a few drinks.

:lol: I was criticizing myself.

I remember a commentator on 5live saying during the 2006 World Cup that the Angolan goalkeeper had no club, and had been keeping fit/training by kicking a ball off a wall outside his home and catching it.

KSH and I have just done some research, and found this.  His name is Joao Ricardo

During the 2006 World Cup he had been without a professional team for three years. His inclusion came about from strict disciplined self-training.

fucking brilliant if you ask me  :lol:

a bit of nostalgia from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8387529.stm

3 minutes 10.  A lovely miss from a certain someone who played for us  :lol:

Also worth it for the bizarre choice of the star wars theme after France lift the world cup!

Was that actually played in the stadium or have the BBC layed that on afterwards? That's bizarre but brilliant. :lol:

Guest Brummiemag

Does anyone know for certain the kick off times for the group games and beyond? Im hoping it will be approx 4pm and 8pm our time seeing as they are only about 2 hours ahead of us?

I do have a question for everyone that's making assumptions about the pots. Why is it assumed that the South American 3 will go with the African 5, when it could easily be the North American 3 that go with the African 5. I mean, since they only use relatively recent results, I would have to think that Mexico and the USA have done better than chile/paraguay/uruguay, so why wouldn't they get bumped into the 3rd pot? Am I missing something here?

I do have a question for everyone that's making assumptions about the pots. Why is it assumed that the South American 3 will go with the African 5, when it could easily be the North American 3 that go with the African 5. I mean, since they only use relatively recent results, I would have to think that Mexico and the USA have done better than chile/paraguay/uruguay, so why wouldn't they get bumped into the 3rd pot? Am I missing something here?

Well it's assumed just because that is the way it has been previously. I'm not sure there is any seeding nature to the pots other than pot 1, it's just to maintain a geographical split. To be honest, the pots should be entirely seeded, screw splitting them geographically. Just make up rules where teams from the same continent can't be drawn in the same group (bar 2 european teams). It'd basically be like the Champions League draw.

yey we are seeded.

Fifa has confirmed England will be one of eight seeded teams when the World Cup draw takes place on Friday.

They will thus avoid favourites Spain and Brazil, who are two of the other seeded sides, in the group stage.

Argentina, Germany, Netherlands, holders Italy and hosts South Africa make up the remaining seeded nations.

The 32 qualifiers will be assembled into eight groups on Friday in Cape Town when the draw is made for next summer's tournament from 1745 GMT.

England are ranked only ninth in the Fifa world rankings, but their impressive qualification campaign has been rewarded.

Portugal, ranked fifth, and France (seventh) had problems making the big tournament in South Africa and have thus missed out on the seedings.