When you felt proud of NUFC despite everything

Dave

The most recent one for me was at Wigan last Boxing Day when the game was utter shit and we were worse and yet everyone (like, a thousand plus people) sang this:

Still feel so proud thinking about it, especially considering we went down. I don't know why.

PS: I know there will be much better examples from years gone by - tell us about them!

For me it was probably at the pompey match last season. The game was terrible, but it was my first time in SJP, and I was completely blown away. I'd seen it loads on TV, and been around for the tour once before, but to actually be there was something else. Hopefully when I get over next year, it'll be under better circumstances...

Guest Alan Shearer 9

When Bowyer attacked Dyer, I thought, finally here is someone standing up against these immigrants leeching from our society and taking my jobs.

Agree with the SBR memorial.  its hard not to be proud most home games to see 40k+ turn up after all thats gone on, but thats more about the fans i guess not the club its self.

Prob most proud, Anfield Jan '84. 4-0 fA cup live on TV. Never ever heard the Geordies sing so loud for the whole match. Scousers were just in awe the whole game.

It was a Friday night which made it even better, wasn't it the first 3rd round game to be shown live on TV?

Prob most proud, Anfield Jan '84. 4-0 fA cup live on TV. Never ever heard the Geordies sing so loud for the whole match. Scousers were just in awe the whole game.

It was a Friday night which made it even better, wasn't it the first 3rd round game to be shown live on TV?

aye thats the one., we had 3-4 windows put out on our coach, and had to come back through sleet and big open windows.

Man Utd semi-final under Souness. Not the players obviously, but the fans.

That for me was quite the opposite. Seeing our supporters applauding and cheering that team off the pitch after that (them) performance(s) was, for me, an utter disgrace.

We might not be where we are now had the supporters let it be known that enough was enough and slaughtered them. By 'them' I mean everyone from the Owners down.

Did someone run on pitch before the game and plant a flag in the centre spot ? maybe getting mixed up long timeago

Blaydon Races at the end when 4-0 down was amazing hairs on back of the neck job.

Plod with a stick hit me over shoulder bruised for weeks.

Passes thru Croxteth and a brick came thru bus window behind me on way back f*****g freezing , kid who it hit jaw was a mess

Did someone run on pitch before the game and plant a flag in the centre spot ? maybe getting mixed up long timeago

Blaydon Races at the end when 4-0 down was amazing hairs on back of the neck job.

Plod with a stick hit me over shoulder bruised for weeks.

Passes thru Croxteth and a brick came thru bus window behind me on way back f*****g freezing , kid who it hit jaw was a mess

your right about that bloke planting a toon flag in the centrespot, before kickoff. also remember plod. wielding the big truncheons from horseback and people dropping like flies.

The worst part of the Liverpool game for me was going out of the ground after the game.  I used an exit right at the back and top of our end and the crushing was terrible.  The railings at the top of the stairs were about waist high and I thought I was going to get pushed over them because everybody behind was pushing to get out. 

That is the only time in my life that I thought I was in danger inside a football ground.

Yes , it was bad I managed to get out the corner into the seats to avoid being crushed, not as bad as Spurs away in the FA Cup I was cushed at front and ended up on pitch that day , it was terrifying worst I've ever been in.

that spurs game, i think was the following season, R5,.

I think in the 80s the police had decided whoever turned up to a game was getting in, regardless of numbers/ capacity of away end, white heart lane was mental that day, i got squashed against a fence, lost my dad, and had to watch the game from the top of the fence.

Villa.  In full song when the players were warming up, and for ages after.  They had so much support that day.

Shame they were absolutely disgraceful.

I know.  I don't understand how the mixture of the massive importance of the occasion and the huge positive support did not drive to at least make a battle of it.