When you felt proud of NUFC despite everything

Dave

Semi final of the FA cup down at Cardiff against Man U.  Our support was just unbelievable compared to theirs.

Barely saw any Manyoo in and around Cardiff city centre before the game.  I remember going in to a Superdrug to buy Red Bull (got the sodding coach down, we left at 3am) and the shopkeepers switched from speaking English to Welsh when we came in.  Rude cunts.

Man Utd semi-final under Souness. Not the players obviously, but the fans.

That for me was quite the opposite. Seeing our supporters applauding and cheering that team off the pitch after that (them) performance(s) was, for me, an utter disgrace.

We might not be where we are now had the supporters let it be known that enough was enough and slaughtered them. By 'them' I mean everyone from the Owners down.

Yeah, we lost 4-1 to one of the best teams in the country. Fucking bunch of losers the lot of them  :idiot2:

The 3-1 against Boro last season was one of my favourite nights ever. I just couldnt speak all weekend because of nerves and that whole day at Uni was painful. Then I had to sell programmes in the Boro end. But the cauldron of noise that night was amazing and when we got those 2 goals at the end, it was pandemonium! At full time everyone knew we were actually gonna stay up and it was amazing.

Then they stuffed it up......

most of mine have been mentioned before:

the atmosphere in cardiff for the man u semi final, remember being in a pub before the match and sunderland missing a penalty and the place going mental, also walking to the ground loads of people kicking a football around untill someone kicked it onto the roof of a pub. being completly outclassed and being overrun, yet still we sang our hearts out while the man u fans left early.

obviously getting 40k+ this season has been impressive, it still gets me down abit when i look at the empty seats in the milburn but that has more to do with reminding me of our poisition, than not being proud of our club.

when players who left our club years ago and were never from the area use terms like "we" and "our" when talking about the club. it makes me proud knowing that we find a way into their hearts, just like they do to us.

a personal one for me is at liverpool away, on boxing day, my dad drove me all the way despite not having a ticket, he ended up watching it in a pub, we lost 2-0 and bowyer (i think) got sent off. despite being 2-0 down at half time everyone was singing along to status quo, except the woman next to me who turned to me and said " it isnt over till the fat lady sings, so i better be quiet", the fact that we always seem to have a lot of fun and banter despite being for the most part in a load of shit, i think that moment epitomised that for me.

most of mine have been mentioned before:

the atmosphere in cardiff for the man u semi final, remember being in a pub before the match and sunderland missing a penalty and the place going mental, also walking to the ground loads of people kicking a football around untill someone kicked it onto the roof of a pub. being completly outclassed and being overrun, yet still we sang our hearts out while the man u fans left early.

obviously getting 40k+ this season has been impressive, it still gets me down abit when i look at the empty seats in the milburn but that has more to do with reminding me of our poisition, than not being proud of our club.

when players who left our club years ago and were never from the area use terms like "we" and "our" when talking about the club. it makes me proud knowing that we find a way into their hearts, just like they do to us.

a personal one for me is at liverpool away, on boxing day, my dad drove me all the way despite not having a ticket, he ended up watching it in a pub, we lost 2-0 and bowyer (i think) got sent off. despite being 2-0 down at half time everyone was singing along to status quo, except the woman next to me who turned to me and said " it isnt over till the fat lady sings, so i better be quiet", the fact that we always seem to have a lot of fun and banter despite being for the most part in a load of shit, i think that moment epitomised that for me.

My football!

What a day that was.

Guest jimmyc84

also the day we went down.

watched it in a london pub full of neutrals. the neutrals of course were loving seeing us go down, singing songs constantly. part of me wanted to fight the lot of them until it killed me for the club.

being a pacifist i just went outside and had a fag instead.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Most recently staying back to clap the team off in the pouring rain against Fulham.  :clap:

I think people knew we were going down by then and I felt proud that we clapped till the last man went off. (Beye iirc)

It was pissing down with rain and for me it proved a stark contrast to the wankers booing for finishing fifth.

Most recently staying back to clap the team off in the pouring rain against Fulham.  :clap:

I think people knew we were going down by then and I felt proud that we clapped till the last man went off. (Beye iirc)

It was pissing down with rain and for me it proved a stark contrast to the wankers booing for finishing fifth.

Yeah, remember that. I was there with a friend who was neutral, he just gave be a hand on the shoulder and "shit match, but these people deserves more".

My only match last season... fkn sad really..

But i soooo looking forward to going over again to watch the match against Boro.

Actually, i managed to convince 4 friends+my brother to join me, my brother and another friend are Newcastle fans, the 3 other could not give a fuck about fotball, but they are up for a good party  :celb:

I hope and think the atmosphere will be awsome that match, but a fucking shame it was moved from Saturday to Sunday..... :tickedoff:

watching the last few seconds of the villa game in the Cock and Lion, London and at the end of the game the entire pub singing Newastle - United - Shall never be defeated!

I remember the football!

Does anyone remember this guy?

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v136/72/56/614014261/n614014261_223039_1858.jpg

Some pissed-up local who stumbled into the crowd trying to taunt us?

I remember this fella - George Best!

That looks suspiciously like my back on the left, there.

Anyone who clapped the team off after that game needs a fucking slap, or a reality check.

I would say any time that one of our academy lads score makes me proud.

Particularly, though, when David Edgar got his goal against Manchester United. Partly because he's a fellow Canadian and partly because it obviously meant so much to him. It was a stand out feel-good moment from the past few years.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Wembley Way singalong before the final '99, black & white all over London, mancs nowhere. :celb:

Shearer testimonial and of course SBR memorial where I actually shed a tear when Bobby passed 10 metres in front of me. :thup:

Aye I remember this!, and I seem to recall an extremely fit blonde copper in and around the away end that day!  :fwap:

Man Utd semi-final under Souness. Not the players obviously, but the fans.

Aye, when all our lot start giving it portions to local hero & at the end most of our lot clapping a team off that had failed like they had won the cup. f***ing devastated on the bus home & in the aftermath you find out Nicky Butt who had not got near a MUFC player for 90 mins is  joining in the celbrations with the fuckers, elsewhere some little hunchback c*** in Scotland is texting big Al.

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/?p=1678