Memories from the 70s, 80s, 90s

cp40

sorry to the under 35s, but us oldies need somewhere to remember, before we die.

as its started off in an other thread.

The era of Fighting on the terraces, massive unlimited away followings, shit grounds, people pissing on the crush barriers, crowds spilling onto the pitch. The Good old days. whats your memories.

the obvious first one for me KKs debut, 82, the first time i started going to the match with my mates, after going with my dad since eraly 70s.

Them Fa cup ties, Brighton at home ,trelford mills, Liveropol84, spurs 85, the endless dull games against watford, was it3 or 4 replays? And some great away days at Roker.....

I remember a 2-2 at home with Man Utd, wee Gordon Strachan scored for them and the ball got stuck in the stanchion.

Gazza and John Cornwall's hi 5 celebrations.

I remember a 2-2 at home with Man Utd, wee Gordon Strachan scored for them and the ball got stuck in the stanchion.

I thought we won that 2-1. Wasn't that the game that Paul Goddard scored for the 8th (might be wrong with the number) game running to set a record.

I miss the bloke who was a few rows behind me in the East Stand wing that used to do the Red Indian shout.

aye, im sure the whole crowd was singing its a fix at the end.

Do a Google for "Trelford Mills" and go to the youtube link.

just watched 5 mins of the second half. we were all over them, never saw the highlights, was in the E-wing that night. Im gonna watch both halves tonight , as im on my way out. saw some other interesting clips there as well.

We were Robbed -Trelford, 26 years and it still grates.

Obviously I was only a bairn when it happened, but can I just say Kenny Wharton sitting on a ball?  O0

That was class, I've probably told you before but I was good mates with Kenny when we were kids.

just watched 5 mins of the second half. we were all over them, never saw the highlights, was in the E-wing that night. Im gonna watch both halves tonight , as im on my way out. saw some other interesting clips there as well.

We were Robbed -Trelford, 26 years and it still grates.

I was in the corner that night and can still remember feeling sick, my blood pressure was going just watching the clip.

Here's a question for you relics, Did you prefer how football was in the 80's to now? Would you rather go back to unlimited away followings, standing on the terraces, shit grounds etc. rather than a money, top 4 dominated Premier league, all seater stadia, lack of atmosphere etc

Here's a question for you relics, Did you prefer how football was in the 80's to now? Would you rather go back to unlimited away followings, standing on the terraces, s*** grounds etc. rather than a money, top 4 dominated Premier league, all seater stadia, lack of atmosphere etc

Good question.

At my present age (45) i'll go for present, but if I was in teens/twenties i'd go for the 80's, the football was rubbish but by fuck it was a laugh.

Obviously I was only a bairn when it happened, but can I just say Kenny Wharton sitting on a ball?  O0

That was class, I've probably told you before but I was good mates with Kenny Wor Jackie's grandad when we were kids.

:iamatwat:

The best memories from that period was of watching Gazza emerge as a major talent. I can remember a 1-0 win at Highbury where he was the best player on the pitch, even at the age of about 20.

My worst memory was travelling 200 miles to Exeter, on a freezing night, with a streaming cold, all to watch the lads get stuffed 4-0 by a Third Division team. My mate and I were so miserable we barely spoke to each other on the way back.

Guest toonlass

The helicopter when Keegan left. I was literally stood open mouthed at a helicopter being on the pitch. Sounds so crap now, but it felt so unreal. I was more impressed with the helicopter than anything, lol.