Your perfect night out

Keefaz

I'd love them to re-open Foundation.  And for ALL of my mates to go, so it would have to be a birthday or something these days.

Still would never be as fun as going when you were 16 and you weren't even sure if anyone would get in.

What a place. The pillars, the vodka red bulls, and the toilet banter. Excellent times. :snod:

I'd love them to re-open Foundation.  And for ALL of my mates to go, so it would have to be a birthday or something these days.

Still would never be as fun as going when you were 16 and you weren't even sure if anyone would get in.

What a place. The pillars, the vodka red bulls, and the toilet banter. Excellent times. :snod:

Vodka red-bulls aye, was the best deal in there by a mile.  I'd go in and buy 2-4 of them immediately.

One time I was on the top floor and absent mindedly flicked a tab off on to the floor below.  Some bloke came up and collared me cos it fell on his lass's head or something.  I wasn't proud of that, it was a total dickish thing to do.

where was that ?

was it the old "riverside" ?

where was that ?

Yes mate.

where was that ?

Yes mate.

ahh. liked the riverside. the original shindig nights were cracking.

still though....not as good as the banter in a local with mates.

Vodka red-bulls aye, was the best deal in there by a mile.  I'd go in and buy 2-4 of them immediately.

One time I was on the top floor and absent mindedly flicked a tab off on to the floor below.  Some bloke came up and collared me cos it fell on his lass's head or something.  I wasn't proud of that, it was a total dickish thing to do.

Always.  :snod: :snod: Had so many class nights in there, normally absolutely wrecked as well.

http://thumbs.filmstarts.de/avatare/user/klappezuvorhangauf.blogspot.com_25549ed1583dd74d1ba40eb6f663139d.jpg

Gutted i'm too young to have experienced Foundation like.

You'd have loved Foundation Andy. There's probably a tiny amount of nostalgia at play, but when I think of the other clubs I've been to in Newcastle then Foundation was at least twice as good as any. Thursdays were brilliant - the big indie room at a point when I was just getting into stuff like Primal Scream, The Strokes and RATM. And the hip-hop room upstairs for when you were getting a bit bored of that. Superb club.

Last time I was at Foundation-- a while ago now--it was utterly shite. Got the vodkas, obviously, and I swear there was no vodka in them. I complained and the staff got in a proper radge. Stayed for about an hour and fucked off to the pub. Might've been the Jazz Cafe, actually.

You'd have loved Foundation Andy.  There's probably a tiny amount of nostalgia at play, but when I think of the other clubs I've been to in Newcastle then Foundation was at least twice as good as any.  Thursdays were brilliant - the big indie room at a point when I was just getting into stuff like Primal Scream, The Strokes and RATM.  And the hip-hop room upstairs for when you were getting a bit bored of that.  Superb club.

Yeah, i've heard nowt but good stuff about it like, sounds as if it was proper no holds barred too. :lol:

Hate the way Digital just wiped out places like that.

Either on a warm summer's evening, beer garden, get the drink and banter going.

Or:

If we preferred going into town, then it'd probably be a lot of friendly faces round someones house early-ish, 6 or 7, then go to a couple of bars and then a club with a good atmosphere and some good music. The key to any good night out (at a club) for me is the people you go with. If there's a decent amount and everyone's in a good mood, it usually makes for a really good time.

I'm not too fussy really. If spirits are high then it'll probably be a good night.

I quite like a house party when there's drugs on the go actually.  Apart from when the sun starts rising and you feel like a disgusting loser.

:lol:

This was me today, getting back in the house at about 1pm looking like I was about to keel over and die. :no:

I quite like a house party when there's drugs on the go actually.  Apart from when the sun starts rising and you feel like a disgusting loser.

If it's some distance from where you live, there's also the shameful bus/metro journey home the next day, looking and feeling like death.

Wasnt it Shark they used to sell in there ? First time i went 'proper' clubbing, was to see Dave Clarke at Disco Noir. Epic stuff.