Your...slight form of OCD

Joey

Ok, so there's a million "Your........." types of threads, I was looking at the weird interests one, realised that I do stupid things but then also realised they weren't interests just little habits.

If you've got proper OCD what is it you just need to be right? Everybody has stupid little things they do, whether its not stepping on cracks in the pavement etc, even if you don't realise it.

Mines, got to be finding the middle letter on things like signs when i'm waiting for a metro etc or having to have the volume on my tv at an even number. eg 10/12/14/16/18/20 (15 would be ok however as it's the middle of 10 & 20).

(Sorry for the bad grammar / layout, trying to do it quickly i'm meant to be working you see ;)).

My iTunes library must be fucking perfect. Every album must have an album cover, every song has to have capital letters at the start etc.

Actually, theres that aswell, although mines got to be Artist - Album Name/Track Num. Artist - Song Name (capitals at the beginning of every word too, don't ask me why, it defys all conventions). Also can't have anything in the other ID3 fields.

Actually, everything i've got i've got to have them in a proper order, like photos, they have their own folder. Year/Date/

TV volume only on even numbers

I don't mind stepping on cracks BUT if I step on one with my right foot and I feel it through the sole of my shoe, I need to then stand on an equivalent crack with my left foot, or vice versa. Used to be the same when I bumped my arm or something when I was younger, always had to bump the other one to even it out, I've pretty much grown out of that now though

Everything on my desk has to be at perfect right angles from the edge of the desk so it's all nicely parallel. It's not a problem when I'm working, but can't go home for the day unless my post-its/diary/stapler etc are completely straight. Hate it when the cleaner mucks it up too.

Also really funny about undercooked food and germs (hand sanitiser ftw) but that's just good sense iyam.

Have to be a rebel with the instructions on food that goes in the oven or (especially) the microwave. 1 minute, you say? 1 minute 10 seconds, I think.

12 minutes in the oven, really? Let's go for 13, or maybe even 14!

Guest Stephen927

the only thing is having to double/triple check i've locked the car properly but i think it's just more of a rubbish short term memory and being a bit thick than an obsessive compulsive thing  ;D

I do that.

When approaching a red light I have to go up into third gear, then down 3-2-1.

When I get out of the car volume has to be at 10 and I have to put the radio to radio 1, even if I'm listening to a CD.

I can't sit on a toilet seat without first wiping the seat, then covering it in bog roll and putting a crash mat down.  Even at my own house.

I have to take the shower head down and give the bottom of the shower a clean before I get into it.

I have to wash out glasses and wipe knives/forks/spoons before using them.

......just off the top of my head.  :undecided:

Volume of my car stereo in even numbers.

Closet is "color coded" (as in everything is in the same color, shirt wise). 

DVDs are in the same color coded format.

CDs in alphabetical order.

Records in alphabetical order.

I don't step on the cracks on the tile in my house most of the time.

Everything is in perfect alignment on my desk at all times.

Bed gets made every morning, perfectly.

My biggest OCD pet-peeve is pictures hanging crooked on the wall.

I have to check scratchcards about 10 times, because I have this fear I've won and not noticed.

Ripping and chucking a couple of squares of bog roll before ripping off some to use; because I figure someone's touched that bit with dorty hands. This would be understandable if I was a fastidious person, but there are other things I do which are most unsanitary. :lol:

Going over and over e-mails I've just sent. It's gone, get over it!  :rant:

Guest Howaythetoon

Switching switches off if on, unplugging plugs, double checking things, loads of things that irritate many people and piss me right off. Today for example, I put 200 quid into my personal account and before I got to the cashier, I must have counted it about 4 times. What did I do when the cashier asked me how she could help? I counted the money again and asked her to put it into my account even though I knew it was 200 quid and all there. If I'm carrying tickets in my pocket, zipped or buttoned with no chance of them going missing, I will still check if they are there about 5 times. I've learned to live with it but it can drive you crazy.

Guest Stephen927

Switching switches off if on, unplugging plugs, double checking things, loads of things that irritate many people and piss me right off. Today for example, I put 200 quid into my personal account and before I got to the cashier, I must have counted it about 4 times. What did I do when the cashier asked me how she could help? I counted the money again and asked her to put it into my account even though I knew it was 200 quid and all there. If I'm carrying tickets in my pocket, zipped or buttoned with no chance of them going missing, I will still check if they are there about 5 times. I've learned to live with it but it can drive you crazy.

Holy shit, that all rings true to me.

Everything in my cupboard on a hanger is pointing in the same direction, and all of the hangers are hung a particular way.

I clean all plates etc as soon as I'm done with it.

Whenever I used to empty the dishwasher, the was a specific place for everything and all plates /glasses etc had to be piled on the correct plate so that it fitted. I'd get annoyed if mum/sister put it wrong, I corrected it.

DVDs have to be in the correct box.

Whenever off to an away match, I check every 20 minutes to make sure I haven't lost my ticket, even though it couldn't have possibly left my wallet. Don't have this problem with the season ticket, I'm perfectly comfortable its there, but it is the same for passport/plane ticket.

Sure there's more can't think atm

Everything in my cupboard on a hanger is pointing in the same direction, and all of the hangers are hung a particular way.

Whenever off to an away match, I check every 20 minutes to make sure I haven't lost my ticket, even though it couldn't have possibly left my wallet. Don't have this problem with the season ticket, I'm perfectly comfortable its there, but it is the same for passport/plane ticket.

Aye, these too. :thup:

Going up or down stairs. I count to make sure I never step on 6-9, or 16-19 etc per flight. Has to be either 1-5 or 10-15 etc, the closer to 10/5 the better. Have been known to jump over three stairs at the bottom to keep my record clean.

There are others involving cracks in the pavement and the same numbers. Christ only knows where it comes from.