London Mags: Pint for £2 if you wear a toon top

Guest saintscoobz

Guest saintscoobz

You'd have to pay me to drink that sh!te! Stella, Broon or real ale has got to be the way forward. MAN UP Scoob!

Yeah I know but a pint of anything in central london for £2 is not bad, you wouldnt even get water in some places for that much.

Guest saintscoobz

I thought pints of fosters for £2 was a good idea, I ended up spending £40 (dont think I had 20 pints though) and had to be up at 4am.  Anyway I found the Hercules Pillars to be quite a nice pub, its about twice the size of the cock and lion and the beer and food is reasonably priced for central london.  think the place will be great when full of mags!

I thought pints of fosters for £2 was a good idea, I ended up spending £40 (dont think I had 20 pints though) and had to be up at 4am.  Anyway I found the Hercules Pillars to be quite a nice pub, its about twice the size of the cock and lion and the beer and food is reasonably priced for central london.  think the place will be great when full of mags!

Seriously, if you're not Karl himself, please stop writing about the place like an obsessed fanboy...it'll turn more punters away than attract them. A genuine toon-loving watering hole in London sounds great, if it offers discounted pints to fellow Toon fans, even better. Give us the facts, not the hyperbole.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there going to be a gathering of toon fans in one of these London watering holes for the WBA game next week. I've been given the green light by the boss so thought I might check one of them out, see if it's worth making the effort for any games in the future that I can't actually get to.

I'm not fussed which one I go to, but would appreciate any advice from people who've visited them as to which is the best one.

Guest neesy111

Is there going to be a gathering of toon fans in one of these London watering holes for the WBA game next week. I've been given the green light by the boss so thought I might check one of them out, see if it's worth making the effort for any games in the future that I can't actually get to.

I'm not fussed which one I go to, but would appreciate any advice from people who've visited them as to which is the best one.

i'll join you if you fancy getting a gathering of fan's for the game lyk, i've been to the Cock & Lion which ain't too bad

Don't you live in Kingston? The O'Neills there is managed by a geordie, I was sat next to him on the train up to Villa away last season, top bloke. It won't be a Newcastle pub but presumably will be pretty friendly.

I don't live in Kingston, but I have drunk in O'Neills there many a time. It'll be rammed on a Monday night, full of students. Not sure I could cope with that. Besides I'm after more of a Newcastle orientated evening rather than just watching the game in a pub. I could just head over the road for that.

I've been to the Cock & Lion once, which was a good day until we got relegated. I might go there for the WBA game if I can twist a couple of my mates' arms. I think you're guaranteed black and white shirts and familiar accents if there's a match on in there anyway, so you can't really go wrong.

I've been to the Cock & Lion once, which was a good day until we got relegated.  I might go there for the WBA game if I can twist a couple of my mates' arms.  I think you're guaranteed black and white shirts and familiar accents if there's a match on in there anyway, so you can't really go wrong.

If are too many accents like mine then it will feel totally wrong.

I've been to the Cock & Lion once, which was a good day until we got relegated.  I might go there for the WBA game if I can twist a couple of my mates' arms.  I think you're guaranteed black and white shirts and familiar accents if there's a match on in there anyway, so you can't really go wrong.

In what way?

In what way?

Well I'd be expecting the majority of Newcastle fans to sound like they are from Newcastle. If they all talked like me it would be surreal.

I've been to the Cock & Lion once, which was a good day until we got relegated. I might go there for the WBA game if I can twist a couple of my mates' arms. I think you're guaranteed black and white shirts and familiar accents if there's a match on in there anyway, so you can't really go wrong.

In what way?

Well I'd be expecting the majority of Newcastle fans to sound like they are from Newcastle. If they all talked like me it would be surreal.

Oh right aye. :lol:

For me it was dead weird being in the middle of London and being surrounded by Geordie accents. I'd not been home for a while so it was a bit surreal.

Guest saintscoobz

Think i'd rather not watch a match than watch it with the London Mags. Arseholes.

must not be a real fan then. Id rather watch the match with you than not at all

Guest Heneage

Had a look in here about 20mins before kick off for the Boro match before xmas and it was dead. Not just devoid of newcastle fans, but zero unters at all in there.

Took a tube to the cock and lion instead  :thup:

Cock & Lion? Sounds like Elton John's weekend plan.

Had a look in here about 20mins before kick off for the Boro match before xmas and it was dead. Not just devoid of newcastle fans, but zero unters at all in there.

Close but his weekend is: Cock then a lie in.

Close buthis weekend is: Cock then a lie in.

;D

Well I think Cock and Lion it is then. I presume it has a good crowd of Newcastle fans in there for live matches anyway but a little unofficial N-O gathering couldn't hurt. I'll be there, guess you have to get in early to get a good spot so about 1.30 in the afternoon sounds good to me.

Guest neesy111

Well I think Cock and Lion it is then. I presume it has a good crowd of Newcastle fans in there for live matches anyway but a little unofficial N-O gathering couldn't hurt. I'll be there, guess you have to get in early to get a good spot so about 1.30 in the afternoon sounds good to me.

1.30, the match don't kick off till 7:45 haha