Preston NE 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/11/09 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

Guest schmuck

Whos this right midfielder then Ronaldo?

Taylor, who else.

He's got the best delivery but I don't remember very many decent balls in from him this season (in open play at least). Guthrie's got at least two assists from crosses that I can remember (blackpool and plymouth).

Was Nolan's goal against Preston from a Guthrie cross too?

In any case he's 4th in the league for assists with the second best ratio:

Burke 8 in 16

Dorrans 8 in 14

Bothroyd 7 in 15

Guthrie 6 in 11

Whos this right midfielder then Ronaldo?

Taylor, who else.

He's got the best delivery but I don't remember very many decent balls in from him this season (in open play at least). Guthrie's got at least two assists from crosses that I can remember (blackpool and plymouth).

Was Nolan's goal against Preston from a Guthrie cross too?

In any case he's 4th in the league for assists with the second best ratio:

Burke 8 in 16

Dorrans 8 in 14

Bothroyd 7 in 15

Guthrie 6 in 11

stats for assists mean nowt. you can mis hit a shot and still get an assist for it.

Guest schmuck

You can, but to draw from that that stats are then somehow meaningless is just daft. Players who get a lot of assists tend to be the ones involved in the best of the teams play. I suppose it's also meaningless that Fabregas, Giggs, Drogba, Lampard and van Persie are the players at the top of the Premiership chart as it could just as easily be, yet somehow mysteriously never is, a completely different list of names.

If wasn't even comparing Guthrie and Taylor, if you all bother to read the thread.

Well I didn't read the thread, I just saw someone mention Guthrie's crossing on the most recent page and posted something interesting I'd seen recently, maybe if 90% of your football posts didn't read like a crazed Jehova's Witness trying to convert people to some hokey viewpoint or other by force I would have, but they do so I didn't