The other threads today

Interpolic

As is often the case, my thread's a complete rip-off of something else, usually something off the football forum (well the name of it anyway this time).

Which threads do you avoid at all costs?

Which threads can you not live without?

Which threads get you in a right tizz?

Etc, etc.

Come in here to express why you find a particular thread pointless, life-affirming, hilarious, infuriating or sexually disturbing.

A few of mine:

Stupid things your lass has said:  Love this one, although my gf is aware of it and has therefore banned me from posting on it.  Shame cos she came up with a classic at the weekend, but she's generally relatively sensible.

Materialism thread:  I've been skint for so long that I banned myself from even looking at this for ages, trying to avoid potential envy.  But then I looked and was actually uplifted by a lot of the tat that people bought, and made a mental record of stuff to buy one day, but not before I've got a pot to piss in.

What mood are you:  Mint as it forms a bit of a diary of what people are doing.

All the American sports ones: never go on them cos I'm not into American sports.

Delima's recent threads: the equivalent of car crash telly - you can't help looking and know it's likely to get worse and worse, but the pervese form of entertainment remains.

Lush lasses: love this thread, except when I'm sat next to my lass cos then she knows I'm looking at tits on the internet (rather than being a tit on the internet).

Music one: always good for picking up a few tips.

avoid all the x-factor,celeb type thread.

Same. The what are you listening to thread is my most visited I think. Like to see what everyone else is into even though it's 80% shite. Some posters seem to have good taste though and I keep an eye on that thread as they often point me in the direction of some great stuff I'm unaware of.

Pet Hates - good to release my regular bouts of cynicism and general dislike of many things/people, and even better to realise others feel the same way.

What mood are you in? - what Interpolic said.

Those are the 2 main ones, then there's a decent amount of others I usually have a peek in on a vaguely regular basis - Youtube thread, vaguely amusing Internet jocularity, films, etc.

And, not forgetting, a consistent flow of more temporary threads that come and go. News stories, a particular situation with a poster, a hardcore love of bestiality; you know, the usual sort of stuff.

Rarely view the American sports threads, except for my brief visit to the baseball one the other week. Never bother with the Lush Lasses one for obvious reasons, and randomly I dislike What are you listening to? and Internet Jocularity as I hate threads with loads of Youtube videos/pictures. Goes back to when I had a shit connection, I've got an awesome one now though and I still hate waiting a few seconds for loads of things to load.  :laugh:

I like.. well, the ones I post in all the time: Pet hates, little things, what are you eating, films etc. Read most of the threads anyway if I'm bored.

Never go into the American sports threads. I assume they're all in there taking the piss out of everyone else.

This. From the board index though, it just seems to be Shak, burnip, Mike, pedro and Northerngimp posting in there and no-one else giving a fuck.

I'm always posting in the American sport thread (well only NFL and NBA actually) and generally just any thread that seems coherent and interesting (10% of threads).

I avoid Haz threads and other ones where the usual suspects are trying to prove their superior intelligence to the two or three people that care.