Favourite quotations

Keefaz

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  Abe Lincoln

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard" - JFK

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up. - Paul Valery

Guest firetotheworks

If we're just talking normal quotes then:

A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a five year old, I cant make head nor tail of it. Groucho Marx

Her lips said 'no', but her eyes said 'read my lips' Niles Crane

apart from the elephants that paint. Their very first paintings have been sold for up to thousands of pounds. It's not like the elephant's going to improve.

You could argue that the elephants will always remain amateurs then, and never actually become artists. :razz:

apart from the elephants that paint. Their very first paintings have been sold for up to thousands of pounds. It's not like the elephant's going to improve.

You could argue that the elephants will always remain amateurs then, and never actually become artists. :razz:

But they'll always be elephants and therefore brilliant regardless.

Elephants are awesome animals, aye. I like the fact that they're actually afraid of mice, and that it just wasn't a myth.

yeah and offend a whole species in the process.

I'm sure they got tossed some peanuts for their efforts. What's more artistic than creating something and watching someone else pocket the money?

Elephants are awesome animals, aye. I like the fact that they're actually afraid of mice, and that it just wasn't a myth.

Did you ever see that film The Fall with the elephant swimming sequence? Awesome. (Shit film)

yeah and offend a whole species in the process.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/South-Park-tv-b116.jpg

Just like... elephants instead of guinea pigs :lol:

Did you ever see that film The Fall with the elephant swimming sequence? Awesome. (Shit film)

I haven't actually. Would it be worth watching just for that sequence?

I haven't actually. Would it be worth watching just for that sequence?

Worth watching for a lot of the photography.