buying Real Ale in bulk

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Was talking to the father last night.  He mentioned he'll probably be getting the booze in for Christmas soon-ish, is there anything I'd prefer when I go back.

We're both fans of various real ales, and began to wonder is there anywhere you can buy a crate of some?  Otherwise its likely to be John Smiths as always.  Last time I went to Makro (albeit about 18 months ago) I didn't see any.  Are there any alcohol wholesalers in the North East that might sell it?  I know Tesco sell 3 bottles for £4, but that would work out as being quite expensive.

If anyone knows anywhere, It'd be much appreciated  :thup:

i've just had a look on my googles and i think this is probably the one he meant...

http://www.yell.com/b/Newcastle+Beer+Co.Ltd-Wine,+Beer,+Spirit+and+Cider+Suppliers-North+Shields-NE298SD-1888211/index.html

it's probably worth giving them a ring to see what's what :)

top man.  Might have a look over at the weekend.  Thanks!

I know tileys in the toon is selling bulk real ales and ciders by the bottle and more at very reasonable prices.

Last time i wa sin there(halloween) it was being mentioned and they had a price list with several nice ales, lagers and beers

I know tileys in the toon is selling bulk real ales and ciders by the bottle and more at very reasonable prices.

Last time i wa sin there(halloween) it was being mentioned and they had a price list with several nice ales, lagers and beers

Aye I noticed this last year, might stop in this year as I'm not far from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Brewed some of my own in the 4th year at uni (house effort really but I'll claim most of the credit). It was...interesting. Think we left it in too long and it got a bit strong, tasted like it must have been 6 or 7 percent. A little bit funky tasting / reactive with the gut but overall fantastic. Quite a good project to have on the go, the first time will be expensive when you buy the kit but eventually you'll be churning stuff out at under 50p a pint.