Anyone know what they're doing with Access?

indi

I'm trying to do a database at work, but I've never been trained on access and it's a proper pain in the arse having to google how to do everything, so if anyone knows how to do this I'd be grateful to hear:

The database is for customers' orders, each item is a separate record, but sometimes people order multiple items. I've done a form for people to enter credit/debit card orders taken over the phone and I want to make it so instead of having to type address and card details into each one they can just link multiple orders to the first one and it'll fill in those fields using the data from the first one for them.

Anyone know how to do this?

It took me all day today to find out how to use a check-box to lock certain fields.  :undecided:

www.utteraccess.com is absolutely fantastic. Spend a couple of hours reading the stickied threads or whatever and ask a couple of questions on things you don't understand, data normalisation is a big one which is basically the structure of the database. I don't remember it so well now but was pretty much self taught using this website making ludicrously complex dbs in a summer job a few years ago.