Mephedrone

Bowie

I know there's probably a legal drugs thread already but this is getting out of hand tbh. It's basically a new drug some naughty chemists have discovered which has the same effects as street drugs so are selling it as plant food over the internet. Alot of people have been hammering it recently without knowing anything about it at all. Just cos it's legal doesn't mean it's not really damaging, it just hasn't been banned yet. It's really addictive aswell, I had to tell a mate of mine recently the full extent of how rank it is as she was starting to do it nearly every day.

Doctors in Dundee have issued a warning about the legal high drug 'bubbles' after five people suffered non-fatal overdoses last weekend in the city.

NHS Tayside said that while all those affected had recovered, two people had been admitted to Ninewells Hospital.

The drug, which has mephedrone as its main ingredient, is a psychoactive drug sold as an alternative to ecstasy.

Police said its dangers could be amplified when mixed with other substances, including alcohol.

Although not currently a controlled drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, Tayside Police said anyone caught with mephedrone could still be arrested.

They also warned that home-made bubbles could vary in content leading to "more serious" charges for those caught with it.

Reported effects from the drug include increased heart rate, agitation, irritability, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, as well increased blood pressure.

People who develop such symptoms are urged to seek medical assistance immediately.

Mephedrone was linked to the death of an 18-year-old girl in Sweden in December last year.

The drug is now illegal in Israel, Norway, Finland and Sweden. Psychiatrists in the UK have lobbied for it to be banned here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8378387.stm

Few people have already died after taking it too. This is just one account of it that made it into the press:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Girl,_14,_killed_by_legal_web_drug_meow_meow&in_article_id=777527&in_page_id=34

And finally this is just one lads' experience with it:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=75806

Nasty shit.

There's some bloke in Jesmond who sells loads of this shit. My mates flatmates got hoyed out of Koos last night for taking it. They looked in twice as bad of state than they do after a trip to ketroland. Glad I never get tempted into things like it. :lol:

I know there's probably a legal drugs thread already but this is getting out of hand tbh. It's basically a new drug some naughty chemists have discovered which has the same effects as street drugs so are selling it as plant food over the internet. Alot of people have been hammering it recently without knowing anything about it at all. Just cos it's legal doesn't mean it's not really damaging, it just hasn't been banned yet. It's really addictive aswell, I had to tell a mate of mine recently the full extent of how rank it is as she was starting to do it nearly every day.

Doctors in Dundee have issued a warning about the legal high drug 'bubbles' after five people suffered non-fatal overdoses last weekend in the city.

NHS Tayside said that while all those affected had recovered, two people had been admitted to Ninewells Hospital.

The drug, which has mephedrone as its main ingredient, is a psychoactive drug sold as an alternative to ecstasy.

Police said its dangers could be amplified when mixed with other substances, including alcohol.

Although not currently a controlled drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, Tayside Police said anyone caught with mephedrone could still be arrested.

They also warned that home-made bubbles could vary in content leading to "more serious" charges for those caught with it.

Reported effects from the drug include increased heart rate, agitation, irritability, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, as well increased blood pressure.

People who develop such symptoms are urged to seek medical assistance immediately.

Mephedrone was linked to the death of an 18-year-old girl in Sweden in December last year.

The drug is now illegal in Israel, Norway, Finland and Sweden. Psychiatrists in the UK have lobbied for it to be banned here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8378387.stm

Few people have already died after taking it too. This is just one account of it that made it into the press:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Girl,_14,_killed_by_legal_web_drug_meow_meow&in_article_id=777527&in_page_id=34

And finally this is just one lads' experience with it:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=75806

Nasty shit.

:kasper:  My God, that's worth a read like.

"It is now a month after this incident, and my knees are still not normal colour. They always have a slightly purple tint to them. My hands especially are always cold and paler than they used to be and I notice I get mild spontaneous red skin irritations on my body when doing activities like showering or indulging in other substances, such as kava or ketamine. My doctor does not know what's happened but has recommended exercise to improve circulation. Whatever the mephedrone did, it has done something major to my body, which seems to be recovering, albeit very, very slowly.

I should also report that I tried a minor dose of this stuff again a week ago, decided to snort just 50mg to see if anything happened."

What a fucking idiot.

Guest toonlass

"It is now a month after this incident, and my knees are still not normal colour. They always have a slightly purple tint to them. My hands especially are always cold and paler than they used to be and I notice I get mild spontaneous red skin irritations on my body when doing activities like showering or indulging in other substances, such as kava or ketamine. My doctor does not know what's happened but has recommended exercise to improve circulation. Whatever the mephedrone did, it has done something major to my body, which seems to be recovering, albeit very, very slowly.

I should also report that I tried a minor dose of this stuff again a week ago, decided to snort just 50mg to see if anything happened."

What a fucking idiot.

My thoughts exactly

Guest Stephen927

There was a lad on Jezza Kyle who had bought some drug off the internet and became dependant on it. His mam has to keep buying him it cos if he stops taking it he'll die, and if he keeps taking it he'll die.

Guest toonlass

There was a lad on Jezza Kyle who had bought some drug off the internet and became dependant on it. His mam has to keep buying him it cos if he stops taking it he'll die, and if he keeps taking it he'll die.

was that the lad who takes GBL?

Guest firetotheworks

How can this be legal, Ketamine and GHB be class C and weed be Class B?  Absolutely crackers.

If Salvia's legal then anything can be really. Unbelievable that it is mind.

Guest Stephen927

was that the lad who takes GBL?

Yeah, that was the name of it. I think Graeme was going on about weaning him off it over time. The lad looked awful like.

My mates at Sheffield and Manchester are all doing it, say its pretty intense

It seems quite big at uni here, tried a small line, and it did seem a very good buzz, but I'm just too skeptical to do it properly, at least with other drugs you generally know more so what it does to you, but with this you just don't have a clue about whether it will fuck you up.

Tried this twice.  Bombed a gram of it last saturday night.  Don't think I'm going to bother with it again, it's not the best. 

You don't get any kind of euphoric, love buzz type feel like you get off ecstasy.

What is it that you do get off it then?

Tried this twice.  Bombed a gram of it last saturday night.  Don't think I'm going to bother with it again, it's not the best. 

You don't get any kind of euphoric, love buzz type feel like you get off ecstasy.

It's sort of like a mixture of ecstasy and coke, only the bad parts of both.  Cocaine without the confident swagger it  gives you, just talking non stop about anything and everything.  And then like I said, ecstasy except without any great euphoric feeling.  Just feeling very jittery, moving about and pulling faces.

The only times i've had it i've been horrendously drunk and could barely speak. All it done was enable me to talk utter shit.

Certainly not doing it again though. Keeping away from all these research chemicals after hearing about all the horrible stuff connected to this. Don't really fancy being a guinea pig tbh.

The only times i've had it i've been horrendously drunk and could barely speak. All it done was enable me to talk utter s***.

Certainly not doing it again though. Keeping away from all these research chemicals after hearing about all the horrible stuff connected to this. Don't really fancy being a guinea pig tbh.

Asking for (more) trouble if you do it when hammered if you ask me!!

The only times i've had it i've been horrendously drunk and could barely speak. All it done was enable me to talk utter s***.

Asking for (more) trouble if you do it when hammered if you ask me!!

Aye, I drink on everything though tbh. I still ended up passing out off the drink not long after taking it. :lol:

Did you not think that before doing it the first time?

And yes, I know the same applies to any drug really, including alcohol.

Never done Ket even though I've done most drugs. It seems wrong to me somehow. Don't get me wrong I know loads of people that have done it and do it a fair bit but it doesn't appeal to me at all. One year after being at a rave at titp I had loads of 'legal highs' and that is probably the most fucked I have ever been. Even after heavy acid I felt more normal than that shit. It's not a good fucked, it's a nasty fucked.