Great films you have never got round to watching

Decky

Memento is one of those films that everyone always says is great and i just thought it was absolutely horrible. Gonna have to try it again like maybe i was just in the wrong mood.

Full Metal Jacket

Citizen Kane (not seen all of it)

It's a Wonderful Life (always at the top of greatest film polls)

Gone With The Wind (see above)

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top  Probably some disagreement about order, but a decent "great films" list for others to check off. 

Once I'm missing (top 50) :

8. 12 Angry Men (1957)

12. Casablanca (1942)

15. Shichinin no samurai (1954)

16. Cidade de Deus (2002)

19. Rear Window (1954)

23. C'era una volta il West (1968)

31. Sunset Blvd. (1950)

32. North by Northwest (1959)

33. Citizen Kane (1941)

39. Taxi Driver (1976)

40. Vertigo (1958)

41. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

42. WALL·E (2008)

50. Paths of Glory (1957)

All old shit except for WALL-E, which I never have any intention of seeing ever.

you two seriously need to track down the godfather. i thought i was a fan of al pacino before i watched it, gotta be seen to be believed. contrary to what most people would have you believe, marlon brando isnt the star of that film, imo. incredible.

If someone hasn't seen it you should check out "Waterworld", great movie with Kevin Costner

as shockingly bad as that is, i always find myself watching it when it's on tv, which is quite a lot! i think i was just the right age when it was being hyped as the biggest, best film of all time and i haven't quite shaken it off. that massive ship still looks cool like.

you two seriously need to track down the godfather. i thought i was a fan of al pacino before i watched it, gotta be seen to be believed. contrary to what most people would have you believe, marlon brando isnt the star of that film, imo. incredible.

I really dont get the big deal with the godfather trilogy, I hadn't seen them before and thought i was missing out on something so made it a mission to watch them and was bored, watched the first and 2nd and never botehred with the 3rd as its apparently the worst of the lot.

Maybe I need to watch them again

Schindlers list is one I've not seen, but should watch.

The machinist

Memento

The green mile(need to sit and watch it from start to finish)

I really dont get the big deal with the godfather trilogy, I hadn't seen them before and thought i was missing out on something so made it a mission to watch them and was bored, watched the first and 2nd and never botehred with the 3rd as its apparently the worst of the lot.

Schindlers list is one I've not seen, but should watch, cant think of any others

to be honest i'm not a massive fan of the trilogy as a whole, but definitely the first one. the second's very good too imo, third's ok.

At least see the first one. You never have to see Godfather III. In fact, there is no Godfather III. It never happened.

Thomas, man. Some of those movies are outstanding.

Going by the imdb list:

Schindlers List

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Lord of the Rings

Usual Suspects

Once upon a time in the West (even though I've owned this movie for years now)

Clockwork Orange

Schindlers list is one I've not seen, but should watch.

The machinist

Memento

The green mile(need to sit and watch it from start to finish)

i dont know if you're into reading but i'd say read the green mile book first/aswell, one of king's best imo.

WALL.E in the top 50 films ever :kasper:

The Dark Knight in the fucking top ten!

tbf it deserves to be. 

I don't see the big deal. It's one great performance from being pretty much awful in my eyes, honestly.