Windows Vista

Dave

Got the 64bit version of Vista Home Premium on the new laptop and am wondering what people's thoughts are on it as an OS. Seems to have got a lot of stick over the years but I remember a good number of people on here saying they'd never had a problem with it.

Downloading SP2 as I type (been going three hours and only two more remaining! :rolleyes:) - will that sort out many of the early issues? It already has SP1 on like.

Never had any trouble with it. Looks nice, runs a lot faster than my old PC running XP used to, has some nice features. Only time I ever had a bit of trouble with this laptop is when the RAM failed and that was a hardware problem and nothing to do with the OS.

So yeah, had Vista for the last 2 years and haven't seen any reason for the amount of stick it gets.

No problems so far like. Seems pretty much the same as W7 to me, though I wish it booted up as fast.

Just use sleep instead of shutting it down. You'll need to shut it down once a week or so for updates but aside from that there should be no problems.

No problems so far like. Seems pretty much the same as W7 to me, though I wish it booted up as fast.

Just use sleep instead of shutting it down. You'll need to shut it down once a week or so for updates but aside from that there should be no problems.

Cool, cheers.