Peter Beardsley offers Paul Gascoigne football lifeline at Newcastle United

Thespence

Wonder how it may have turned out if he'd gone to ManU instead of Spurs all them years ago ?

Weren't Man United pretty shit in the years after he first joined Spurs though?  Seem to remember spurs were a top 4 club in the late 80s/early 90s and Man U were scrapping around mid-table.

Anyway, sorry Gazza like but you've had plenty of second, third, fourth and fifth chances

saw him last week in the corner house.

had a good chat with him.

seemed a lovely guy, and was very kind.

real shame.

no excuses for drink driving though.

He is a real nice guy - maybe too nice - and a very vulnerable person. A living tragedy in some ways.

Was the best English player I'd ever seen but Rooney has surpassed him now.

Wonder how it may have turned out if he'd gone to ManU instead of Spurs all them years ago ?

So Rooney's a better player than Shearer?

Or did you just not see him play?

It's a bit daft to try and compare two very different players, Shearer was probably the best traditional CF I've seen play but Rooney is the best all round player I've seen. Prior to him it was Gazza.

And to answer the other daft question - yes I did see him play.

Weren't Man United pretty s*** in the years after he first joined Spurs though?  Seem to remember spurs were a top 4 club in the late 80s/early 90s and Man U were scrapping around mid-table.

Anyway, sorry Gazza like but you've had plenty of second, third, fourth and fifth chances

Just wonder if SAF would have been a better mentor for him. Rooney was a bit of a troubled boy when he went there but has matured beyond recognition.

Anyway it's all if's and but's and unfortunately Gazza is where he is right now.

He's lucky so many people are around to help him, nearly any 'average' person would have nobody helping him at this stage. He'd be a lost cause.

Hope he gets better but not looking likely anymore. More importantly hope he doesn't hurt someone else because of his actions.

A real shame he hasn't died yet.

:facepalm:

He's a disgrace to his him, his family, his friends and to us right now since he's part of the coaching staff. He's a danger and a menace to himself and now to others. Drink drivers are the scum of the earth, alcoholic wife beaters just as bad, he's both! He had his last chance when Beardsley offered him a lifeline, and he's blown it twice that the public know of, he's probably been getting twatted every day and night, nice role model to our kids he's is/was coaching.

What a tit you are.

saw him last week in the corner house.

had a good chat with him.

seemed a lovely guy, and was very kind.

real shame.

no excuses for drink driving though.

He is a real nice guy - maybe too nice - and a very vulnerable person. A living tragedy in some ways.

Was the best English player I'd ever seen but Rooney has surpassed him now.

Rooney couldn't kick his arse.

He's a disgrace to his him, his family, his friends and to us right now since he's part of the coaching staff. He's a danger and a menace to himself and now to others. Drink drivers are the scum of the earth, alcoholic wife beaters just as bad, he's both! He had his last chance when Beardsley offered him a lifeline, and he's blown it twice that the public know of, he's probably been getting twatted every day and night, nice role model to our kids he's is/was coaching.

:lol:

:lol:

The view from up there must be nice though

Guest north shields lad

The man has got an illness and needs help, but he also needs to try and help himself. I just wish when he left us he moved to manchester united, under Fergie. Im sure he would of took him under his wing. Maybe even Dalglish at Liverpool, or George Graham at Arsenal.

Infact forget that last bit as they had a few well known piss heads of there own.

The man has got an illness and needs help, but he also needs to try and help himself. I just wish when he left us he moved to manchester united, under Fergie. Im sure he would of took him under his wing. Maybe even Dalglish at Liverpool, or George Graham at Arsenal.

Infact forget that last bit as they had a few well known piss heads of there own.

Alcoholism is a lifestyle choice not an illness. Illness is, or can be, a result of alcoholism.

Guest north shields lad

Alcoholism is a lifestyle choice not an illness. Illness is, or can be, a result of alcoholism.

Agree there crumpy, but once its in the stage it is now, then it has a grip on someone like any other addiction.

Oh and as someone who wtached gazza play a lot, i never seen him play as good or as consistent, as Rooney is now.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people with addictions, but to say he deserves to die because he got pissed and drove a car is ridiculous. Beating his wife was a horrific thing to do, but again it doesn't make him the worst of the worst.

Drunk in charge is not the same as drinking and driving btw. That's not to say he didn't of course.

I'm good friends with a member of his family so for his sake rather than Gazza's I hope he gets the help he desperately needs.

Guest malandro

Drinking is a lifestyle choice, alcoholism isn’t.

Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin, and Gazza was a genius on the football pitch. If he’d thought and behaved like a normal person off the pitch he’d have played like a normal player on it. The problems that have dogged him for years are the price he has to pay for the magic he gave us on the pitch.

I doubt he’ll ever sort himself out, but for all his flaws Gazza has a big heart and doesn’t deserve to be kicked when he’s down.

So what's drunk and in charge then? I know a lad that got done for drink driving for sleeping in his stationary car.

That's ridiculous. I can only assume 'drunk in charge' implies that the car was in some way operational.

So what's drunk and in charge then? I know a lad that got done for drink driving for sleeping in his stationary car.

That's ridiculous. I can only assume 'drunk in charge' implies that the car was in some way operational.

Actually, this is a pretty common ocurrence here in the USA. It depends on how much of an arse is the policeman that inspects you, if they determine that the only reason you were able to get there is by driving the car, you get arrested.

happened to someone down here. he fell asleep in his car because he was drunk and didnt want to drive home. however, he left the key in in order to use the heater. Coppers nicked him for it because if the key is in the ignition, you are committing a crime.