Peter Beardsley offers Paul Gascoigne football lifeline at Newcastle United

Thespence

Guest Stephen927

I can see why a drink driver would have sympathy with this pathetic individual.

Anyway, arrested again.

Gazza Arrested For Second Time In Two Days

8:58am UK, Tuesday February 09, 2010

Neal Walker, Sky News Online

Sky sources say former England midfielder Paul Gascoigne has been arrested for public order offences, his second arrest in two days.

Durham Police said officers were called to the Blackwell Grange Hotel in Darlington at 8.10pm last night following a report of an ongoing incident.

Two males were arrested and are in custody at Darlington police station.

Former Newcastle and Tottenham Hotspur star Gascoigne was arrested on Sunday evening on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a vehicle.

He was taken into custody after police were called to a disturbance at a takeaway in Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire.

The 42-year-old, who has faced a long battle with alcoholism and depression, and another man were questioned by officers yesterday morning before being released on bail pending further inquiries.

Gascoigne, who was sectioned three times under the Mental Health Act in 2008, has described how, when he hit rock bottom, he was taking cocaine and drinking a litre of gin a day, which left him delusional and afraid to leave his room.

The former England hero, who played at Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio, Rangers, Middlesbrough and in China, went public about his continuing battle with addiction in March last year.

But in December, he was handed a fixed penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly after being arrested in Newcastle.

You absolute f***ing pillock.

Have you ever been involved with someone who has mental health problems?

Do you have ANY idea of people who have mental health problems go through?

Obviously not from your immature replies.

I'm sure some of his actions are self inflicted, but he's surrounded by people or attracts people who only seem too happy to help him on his way to oblivion.

I've bumped into him a couple of times, on both good and bad days, so I've seen both sides to him. He's a great bloke, but he needs serious long term help if he's going to get through the next 10 years or so.

I'm interested in your views on how people with serious mental health problems should be treated, especially when they live their lives being chased around by the media.

Just a note to other people - if you read his book, you'll see that the mental health problems came way before the alcoholism

You haven't got a clue the life I've lived and what I've dealt with; I know more about it than you can even begin to comprehend you little prick. I hope to god he mows down someone you care about and kills them in his drunken states, let's here your fuking arsewipe opinion on the matter then.  :thup:

But it's Gazza he played football really well and has had it so tough in the spotlight, its not his fault and he deserves 1,000 chances no matter what he does. You fuking mug.

The drunken dickhead saw someone killed in a car accident, you'd think he'd not drink and drive after knowing the effects.  :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

The same thing that's stopping him from getting over his addiction, is the same thing that stopped him from being a truly world class footballer.

Sorry mate, but if Gazza wasn't a "world class player" then I'm still waiting to see one.

He was a great player but never made the last step up in my opinion. Never joined the Zidane's, Pele's etc.

i think he had the talent to, if it wasn't for 'that tackle' on gary charles in the '91 cup final.

he was still a good player afterwards but never hit the heights he should have

Anyway, arrested again.

Sky sources say former England midfielder Paul Gascoigne has been arrested for public order offences, his second arrest in two days.

Durham Police said officers were called to the Blackwell Grange Hotel in Darlington at 8.10pm last night following a report of an ongoing incident.

Former Newcastle and Tottenham Hotspur star Gascoigne was arrested on Sunday evening on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a vehicle.

He was taken into custody after police were called to a disturbance at a takeaway in Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire.

The 42-year-old, who has faced a long battle with alcoholism and depression, and another man were questioned by officers yesterday morning before being released on bail pending further inquiries.

Gascoigne, who was sectioned three times under the Mental Health Act in 2008, has described how, when he hit rock bottom, he was taking cocaine and drinking a litre of gin a day, which left him delusional and afraid to leave his room.

The former England hero, who played at Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio, Rangers, Middlesbrough and in China, went public about his continuing battle with addiction in March last year.

But in December, he was handed a fixed penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly after being arrested in Newcastle.

You absolute fucking pillock.

I'm sure some of his actions are self inflicted, but he's surrounded by people or attracts people who only seem too happy to help him on his way to oblivion.

I've bumped into him a couple of times, on both good and bad days, so I've seen both sides to him. He's a great bloke, but he needs serious long term help if he's going to get through the next 10 years or so.

I'm interested in your views on how people with serious mental health problems should be treated, especially when they live their lives being chased around by the media.

Just a note to other people - if you read his book, you'll see that the mental health problems came way before the alcoholism

You haven't got a clue the life I've lived and what I've dealt with; I know more about it than you can even begin to comprehend you little prick. I hope to god he mows down someone you care about and kills them in his drunken states, let's here your fuking arsewipe opinion on the matter then.  :thup:

But it's Gazza he played football really well and has had it so tough in the spotlight, its not his fault and he deserves 1,000 chances no matter what he does. You fuking mug.

The drunken dickhead saw someone killed in a car accident, you'd think he'd not drink and drive after knowing the effects.  :rolleyes:

I think we know which dickhead is making unwelcome comments.  Now get off you high horse and give what little exists between your ears a shake.

It's difficult to think of many more impudent yet brilliant goals scored on a huge stage, than Gazzas Euro 96 goal v Scotland. In five seconds, he humiliated one of the Premier Leagues top defenders at the time in Colin Hendry and put the "Tartan Army" firmly in their place.

I dream that goal sometimes. One of the best I ever saw.

I was at that game, my second Scotland game.  I cried.

It's difficult to think of many more impudent yet brilliant goals scored on a huge stage, than Gazzas Euro 96 goal v Scotland. In five seconds, he humiliated one of the Premier Leagues top defenders at the time in Colin Hendry and put the "Tartan Army" firmly in their place.

I dream that goal sometimes. One of the best I ever saw.

I was at that game, my second Scotland game.  I cried.

Well, you could hardly have been humiliated by a better goal.

Guest toonlass

I don't really agree with the way TT has said stuff, but his sentiment is correct. Why do footballers get excused all sorts of behaviour just because they are footballers. Drink driving isn't really excusable. Yes Gazza has had a lot of media pressure but do you honestly believe he would be acting any differently if he hadn't been a brilliant footballer? I still think he would have had drink problems anyway, but he would just be some radgie drunk from Gateshead rather than Gazza.

I don't really agree with the way TT has said stuff, but his sentiment is correct. Why do footballers get excused all sorts of behaviour just because they are footballers. Drink driving isn't really excusable. Yes Gazza has had a lot of media pressure but do you honestly believe he would be acting any differently if he hadn't been a brilliant footballer? I still think he would have had drink problems anyway, but he would just be some radgie drunk from Gateshead rather than Gazza.

are gazzas problems with the media any worse than many of the financial problems faced by many people everyday ?

Guest toonlass

are gazzas problems with the media any worse than many of the financial problems faced by many people everyday ?

I would say no tbh.

Anyway, arrested again.

You absolute fucking pillock.

You haven't got a clue the life I've lived and what I've dealt with; I know more about it than you can even begin to comprehend you little prick. I hope to god he mows down someone you care about and kills them in his drunken states, let's here your fuking arsewipe opinion on the matter then:thup:

What a silly cunt you are, imagine someone saying that about someone you'd die for, go on imagine it....I hope that thought haunts you, you a vindictive cunt.

In case you're too stupid to realise (which by the sounds of it you are) thats not me condoning drink driving before you try and spout of one of your vitriolic retorts.

Tosser.

1 week ban please.