The FA Cup 2009/10 - NUFC get Plymouth (a) in the third round

Ashley17

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love the FA cup, but this year it's going to be weird. With us not a top flight club, we could be drawn at home to say Wolves and if we win it's a shock  :dowie:

However, I fear Hughton and co. will play the kids in the cup, which I know is probably for the greater good but I don't like seeing this cup being played down. What does everybody else think? Do you give a shit about the cup? Would you even give a shit if we were in the Prem and, for example, midtable?

The draw for the third round is tomorrow (Sunday) after the Kettering/Leeds game on ITV. We're ball number 25.

Part of me wants an easy draw so we can progress, but another part is desperate to play a Premiership team......the players have a point to prove. Playing the kids is totally understandable because we're never going to win the thing, however I would actually like Hughton to play a good team.

Right mixture of youth and experience, I think. Start Kadar, Ranger, LuaLua and Krul and otherwise keep it first team regulars, with a few more kids on the bench.

This. As long as the team is closer to the one that started against Huddersfield and not Peterborough (Carling Cup game) then I'll be satisfed.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd love to get Sunderland home or away, but we'd get pretty much humiliated, even if they don't start a first choice team.

Would love to see a Prem side like City come to SJP in front of a full house. The atmosphere would be fantastic if we were to win. However, as numerous people have said I'd like to see players like Lua Lua, Krul and Kadar stretch their legs. They need to play.

But it'll be Arsenal away, lets face it.

Anyone but Sunderland, a home game would be prefferd, mainly for the revenue for the club, then on the other hand, I'd like to see us play in our 3rd kit this year. A home game against Carlisle would be interesting, though secretly I want one of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, Villa, or City so that we can be knocked out, hopefully away though so we have a chance going all season unbeaten.

Also a tie against Leeds if they progress as they should would be interesting.

If we were in the Premiership it would be a different story (unless we were fighting for survival), because right now we only really have one goal and that is promotion.

Stoke, Birmingham, Sheffield clubs, Wolves, Milton Keynes, Notts C, Nottm F, WBA, Aston Villa, Man Utd, Man City or Leeds... of course away...

I live in Stoke, so an away game nearby would be nice... a shame Port Vale are out. Leeds away would be nice.

Edit: Forgot Derby :)