No. 1 striker

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Im very much in doubt who is our main striker at the moment. In my book no one really stands out from the group, but who do you prefer?

The longer Shola is out, the better he seems to get. Just because he scored a hat trick of tap ins and a Pen doesn't mean he's any good. Carroll contributes far more to the team.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I dont think there's much of a debate on this one. Shola, easily.

Have seen him perform well in a few games before he got injuried, but has been shite for serveal years. I know Championship and Premiership are two different worlds, but he still needs to win me over!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ameobi.

Ameobi & Carroll against big, physical teams

Ameobi & Lovenkrands is our best combo up front against "normal", passing teams, if we can use Loven like we did yesterday where he saw a lot of the ball, got a goal and contributed one (Nearly two bar Ranger)

The longer Shola is out, the better he seems to get. Just because he scored a hat trick of tap ins and a Pen doesn't mean he's any good. Carroll contributes far more to the team.

No he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

Better in the air, better with his feet, more fight for the cause with his defensive responsibilities and a better finisher. And I don't even rate Carroll very highly.

Ameobi

Carroll

Lovenkrands

Ranger

Harewood

Shola is clearly the best we have right now, that's not really up for reasonable debate.

The next four are pretty close, put Harewood at the bottom cos he'll be gone soon enough so I'd look to phase him out as soon as Shola is ready to go. I'd like to see Lovenkrands and Shola get a couple of games up front together, that may be our best potential partnership. Carroll has been decent, he's good depth at this level.

Ranger I don't think is ready. He's got some decent ability but he looks about as likely to score as Harper does for the most part. I'd look to keep giving him cameo roles from the bench as soon as everyone is fit. Maybe one goal will open the floodgates for him, hopefully.

No he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

Better in the air, better with his feet, more fight for the cause with his defensive responsibilities and a better finisher. And I don't even rate Carroll very highly.

How on earth is Carroll better with his feet and a better finisher?

Guest firetotheworks

No he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

Not in this league he's not. In fact in any league, and as a striker that's 99% of what matters.

No he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

I can't think of many Shola goals when he didn't scuff it into the net. When was the last time Shola finished a chance similar to Carrolls against Doncaster and Plymouth?

Guest firetotheworks

No he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

I can't think of many Shola goals when he didn't scuff it into the net. When was the last time Shola finished a chance similar to Carrolls against Doncaster and Plymouth?

When he scored that goal that he shouldnt have against Sheff Wed.

Carroll's link up play with the rest of his  team mates is hit and miss, whereas Ranger's the best of the lot in this regard. If he can start scoring goals h'll be the best, until then probably Shola.

Carroll's link up play with the rest of his  team mates is hit and miss, whereas Ranger's the best of the lot in this regard. If he can start scoring goals h'll be the best, until then probably Shola.

Of course it is because most of the games he has played he has had his back to goal so he has the more options to pass than the other strikers who tend to go towards the goal.