Places to go in Newcastle

div-s-

I'm going to Newcastle with my girlfriend on friday and was wondering if anyone could give advice on where to go for a good pub/club and a place for something decent to eat. Also how much would it be from Gosforth to the City Centre in a taxi.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Depends how old you are and what you're into. Do you want a nice meal in a restaurant or just a cheap but nice pub meal and do you want good bars with good drink or lively bars and clubs?

am 21. Mostly into indie music tbh but will go anywhere as long as its decent, the music is ok and the dress code isnt dress trousers and shirts. Basically just down for a casual weekend so nothing to fancy. Any ideas would be very much appreciated

Taxi will be about 6 quid.

Little bit more if you just flag one down.

Cheaper than i expected, thanks.

Depends how old you are and what you're into. Do you want a nice meal in a restaurant or just a cheap but nice pub meal and do you want good bars with good drink or lively bars and clubs?

am 21. Mostly into indie music tbh but will go anywhere as long as its decent, the music is ok and the dress code isnt dress trousers and shirts. Basically just down for a casual weekend so nothing to fancy. Any ideas would be very much appreciated

pubs around the central station ought to suit you then. forth,bodega, head of steam. then if you want to try something different the bigg market isn't far, nor the quayside. jeans ok in the majority of pubs.

i know some will slag off the bigg mkt and it deserves it but everytime i bring someone here from outside the area they love it as it is sooo cheesy.