Nanecdotes

Interpolic

Fuck it man, I'm spannered, was trying to think of funny things my granny had said but couldn't think of owt off the top of my head. I've already said it on here but when my Grandma took us to the pictures to see the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles film, she did it in full expectation that we were going to see a nature documentary because we referred to it as "Turtles". There's more - I just can't think of it at the minute.

Anyway this is ripped off the Nanecdotes feature on Russell Brand's radio show. The best one I can remember from that show is when someone had their nan over for tea once and she said "what are these?" They said "peppers, nan" and she went "oh right, I'll buy some of them and try them then". So the next time they saw her they said "did you try peppers then, nan?" and she said "oh well I bought them yes. Buy I peeled them and they were empty apart from a few seeds so I chucked them out".

Any nanecdotes then? Doesn't just have to be grannies: just any loveable old person stuff will do.

Guest lankybellwipe

What a coincidence!! I was just looking for the appropriate thread to post the following in!!!    :kasper:

I have just been reading my phone book for half an hour, and got to thinking, is there a surname in here called 'Bread' Upon looking, the nearest i could find, was 'breadin'

Theres one witty observation and bit of a laugh out the window!! :rant:

When the Indian family were moving gear into their house next door:

Grandad: "I haven't seen this many Indians in the street since Custer's Last Stand!"

erm.... wrong type of indians grandad. :lol: :lol:

Grandad: "I haven't seen this many Indians in the street since Custer's Last Stand!"

He probably waited for years to say that and you've just went and destroyed it for him.

My grandma always claimed that she made "the best hotpot in North Shields".  It was lush tbf - I just don't know where she gets off making such wild boasts unless she won a competition or something.

Is your grandma Betty from Coronation Street?

My grandma always claimed that she made "the best hotpot in North Shields".  It was lush tbf - I just don't know where she gets off making such wild boasts unless she won a competition or something.

Is your grandma Betty from Coronation Street?

Yes.  Next.

Not a thing my nan would normally say but we were sitting there on about my uncle and she said

"He is a twat isn't he"

I replied Nan i wouldn't expect you say that, so she went on to justify why he was a twat so i just replied, i spose he is a twat then.

Nan's say the best things!

He probably waited for years to say that and you've just went and destroyed it for him.

Gen. George Custer,  indian street fighter!

My mates nan is the most openly racist person i've ever heard. Just the other day she was describing how one of her relitives was seeing a black man by saying " He's as dark as the nights sky, fresh out of the jungle, a nice fella mind" she then went onto describe Eastenders as "The coon show" and tell us how theres so many black people that in the next 10 or 20 years there will be no white people as everyone will be "coffee coloured"  :facepalm:

My mates nan is the most openly racist person i've ever heard. Just the other day she was describing how one of her relitives was seeing a black man by saying " He's as dark as the nights sky, fresh out of the jungle, a nice fella mind" she then went onto describe Eastenders as "The coon show" and tell us how theres so many black people that in the next 10 or 20 years there will be no white people as everyone will be coffee "coloured"  :facepalm:

That's the plan!  O0

My mates nan is the most openly racist person i've ever heard. Just the other day she was describing how one of her relitives was seeing a black man by saying " He's as dark as the nights sky, fresh out of the jungle, a nice fella mind" she then went onto describe Eastenders as "The coon show" and tell us how theres so many black people that in the next 10 or 20 years there will be no white people as everyone will be coffee "coloured"  :facepalm:

That's the plan!  O0

I love how not everyones knows Mike is black, and will be unsure about posts like this. :lol: