Dog Races

Gash

I'm going today, no nothing about it, any tips?

Pot luck?

Also got this amazing offer, free entry, 2 free bets, a free beer and a free hot dog and chips!

Anybody ever been to Owlerton Stadium?

bet on a double , 5 and 3 every time.

What does that mean?

well im a total amature, but we used to go to the dogs occasionally for works nights out. two of the older guys were proper gamblers ( betting on the ggs every day at work- and winning).

as i was losing all my money, i sat next to one of them to watch what he was doing. He was betting on dog 5 and 3 to come first and second every race. he won more than once and you get pretty good odds. Im not sure if its called a double,. but the guide they give you tells you the type of bets.

Just come up trumps on a fluky 10-1 and then laud it over everyone like a smug cunt for the rest of the meal.

First race, dog was on 10-1 put a quid on by the time it started it got to 12's and it won :D

Well chuffed, 2nd race won too :D

Came back about fiver in profit!

Only time I've been it was totally random which one won, the form book meant nothing. The only race I won money on was the hurdles, but I lost it all and more on the others. Oh and I picked the winner of the kids race, but didn't put any money on. That's human kids, not goats, by the way.

Remember when I was about 12 I bet £1 on a reverse forecast, bet came in and it was a £32.50 return.

Seemed like a fortune at the time. :lol:

Dogs are a great laugh if you get a decent group together.