Your influences

Keefaz

I have influences in the sense of my mentality, I guess.

The values I've been brought up on are very much part of my day-to-day living, e.g. work hard and you'll be rewarded, so I guess my parents have shaped a lot of my primitive attitudes, mind these attitudes are always developing in the light of various things.

There are people I want to make proud, through my efforts and so on. Does that count?

probably the area and times i grew up in.

so your an inbred( west end) Jimmy Hendrix (60s) lookalike?

eh ?

oh never mind, lets just all be dead serious.

hendrix a tad early for me as i was born in '67.. what i mean is for all i was brought up in the west end on a quite tough estate i was also about a dozen houses away from a farm and basically if i wasn't playing football i was in the countryside as between the top of my mams street there is very little except fields till the solway. also with the family coming from the east end we relied more on friends than family hence for me blood isn't thicker than water.

as for the times i grew up being able to play football in the street as there were few cars, we could play all day in the fields without the parents worrying about us getting molested (except for suzzanne who was molested quite regular and willingly), we always wanted to go out as we had no 18hrs,20 channels of kids tele or tv/video games to tempt us to stop in....and we got regular good snow to play in.

My Mam and Dad, even though they split up they both have great qualities that I've learned a lot from. One of my Grans is amazing, 90+ now and still active and bright, I try to take things on like she would. My grandads are both dead now but they were also an influence, both hard workers and friendly/warm at the same time.

A couple of teachers as well, mainly the ones who were enthusiastic about their subject and cared about the kids.

eh ?

hendrix a tad early for me as i was born in '67.. what i mean is for all i was brought up in the west end on a quite tough estate i was also about a dozen houses away from a farm and basically if i wasn't playing football i was in the countryside as between the top of my mams street there is very little except fields till the solway. also with the family coming from the east end we relied more on friends than family hence for me blood isn't thicker than water.

as for the times i grew up being able to play football in the street as there were few cars, we could play all day in the fields without the parents worrying about us getting molested (except for suzzanne who was molested quite regular and willingly), we always wanted to go out as we had no 18hrs,20 channels of kids tele or tv/video games to tempt us to stop in....and we got regular good snow to play in.

i get all that mad, i was born 68. lived on a council estate also,. and had Rising sun farm near by. i knew you were too young for hendrix,.. it was just a bit of ribbing, just not very funny i will admit. :sadnod:

eh ?

i get all that mad, i was born 68. lived on a council estate also,. and had Rising sun farm near by. i knew you were too young for hendrix,.. it was just a bit of ribbing, just not very funny i will admit. :sadnod:

marc bolan would have been closer even though i never much liked him.

you got all that ? you knew suzzanne ?

eh ?

marc bolan would have been closer even though i never much liked him.

you got all that ? you knew suzzanne ?

i got all that.

suzzane. ???