The Arsenal

Guest BooBoo

It's almost a cliche that Arsenal have a great bunch of young players but I think if I was an Arsenal fan I'd want less promising youngsters and more trophies. I only say this as they are behind at City but Wenger should really get his priorities right IMO.

I like their youth policy but its shifted too far that way. There has to be a balance between "one for the future" signings and sensible signings for the first team (not necessarily big money, just ones that justify the price tag), and for me Arsenal don't buy enough for 'now'.

They need a fucking keeper is what they need!That France keeper would fit the bill, young and french seems what Wenger does go for in the transfer market.Also need a goalscorer badly ,outside Van Persie they dont really have any out and out goalscorer.They have some choice of midfielders to be fair.Fabregas,Diaby,Rosciky,Nasri,Walcott,Arshavin,Denilson Ramsey and thaT  young kid Merida looks awesome as well.Im disapointed they wont win the prem this year I like watching them play and I hate fucking Chelsea and Manure

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Why have Arsenal got no cash to splash?

they have, wenger won't spend it though

Find that very hard to believe. It's not like the guy is just not a winner, he won the league without losing a game. He has done incredibly well with the money he's spent (or not spent) in the last few years, they must have huge restrictions on transfer cash

IT JUST MAKA NO SENSE

http://i4.bebo.com/017a/8/medium/2007/03/27/16/1910413715a3943226486b530443202m.jpg

Guest neesy111

Why have Arsenal got no cash to splash?

they have, wenger won't spend it though

Find that very hard to believe. It's not like the guy is just not a winner, he won the league without losing a game. He has done incredibly well with the money he's spent (or not spent) in the last few years, they must have huge restrictions on transfer cash

IT JUST MAKA NO SENSE

http://i4.bebo.com/017a/8/medium/2007/03/27/16/1910413715a3943226486b530443202m.jpg

he's admitted he has cash, he won't buy anyone for the sake of it, and he's always been like this, just he had to spend more at the start of his time at arsenal because he didn't have the youth/scouting set-up he has now

arsenal's account's have an account for transfers which is at £85M from the accounts of last season

Guest Alan Shearer 9

They should buy Gourcuff, Gignac and Mexes. Sawted.

Aye, that'll solve precisely nowt

He needs to buy an experienced and authoritative centre half with the ability to dominate forwards in the top flight. Coloccini it is then.

Aren't they riding on a lot of debt because of their stadium?

It's strange though, Arsenal just look 2-3 buys away from a title challenge, and they never do. For example not replacing Adebayor this season. Surely Van Persie stepped up his game, but his injury record is there for everybody to see, and Eduardo and Bendtner are well... not very good.

Also one injury to one of their CBs and they are fucked.

Love the way Arsenal do things, if they start buying their way to success as well it'll be a big disappointment. Would love to see them win the league again without having to spend silly money.

Vermaelen £10m, Nasri £15.8m, Arshavin, £15m, Sagna £6m, Ramsey £5m, Eduardo £7.5m, Gallas (Cole swap), Rosicky £7m...they've spent a lot of cash don't be fooled.

Adebayor £20, Toure £18m, Henry £20m.  They haven't spent that much, not net spend anyway.

Don't remember Wenger's arms being tied to sell any of them.

I don't remember saying they were.  All I'm saying is that he hasn't spent that much money.  Arsenal are mid table or something in spending since the turn of the century.