Weekend away??

Colos Short and Curlies

Come on then lads, give me some ideas where to whisk the wife off to for a weekend (up to 3 nights). Willing to take plane, train or automobile.

Trying to fit something in over the next month or two, was looking at New York but its pretty damn expensive at the moment

(not going to say what we would normally go for or like doing - wanting to try something different so fire away!)

I've always wanted to do one of those survival weekends where you go off with some men in beards and berghaus coats, forrage for some mushrooms, make some traps to catch a badger, cook a badger and mushroom risotto then sleep under some bracken.

Tell me how it went.

Come on then lads, give me some ideas where to whisk the wife off to for a weekend (up to 3 nights). Willing to take plane, train or automobile.

Trying to fit something in over the next month or two, was looking at New York but its pretty damn expensive at the moment

(not going to say what we would normally go for or like doing - wanting to try something different so fire away!)

If plane, give me dates, I see what can get price of tickets for...

I whore out these massive powers of mine all the time, but so far only peedoboy has taken me up on the offer.

plenty of places in the lakes doing free accom if you stay for meals to get custom back.

Really?

t'was on t'radio t'other day loyk.

Link? Or you're fibbing.

bugger that. do your own work.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The place I stayed last year, which was canny is going for £61.20 a night (basic breakfast incl.) for a queen bed, from Fri 15th Jan for 3 nights.  If burnip could find some cheap flights, I'd recommend it.  Its on the Western edge of Queens, the subway is literally at the top of the street and takes 15 mins tops into Times Sq.

http://www.long-valley-yurts.co.uk/

Go on...she'll love it O0

yurt sounds vaguely sexual doesn't it.

"look at the yurts on that" or "she went to the shop so i had a quick yurt" or "i pulled out and yurted all over the curtains" or "fancy a yurt pet ?"

Better still, they have some "bell tents".

As in: "Oh look at my massive bell tent" :iamatwat:

"Ooooooh me bell tent ! :yikes:"