Has Paul Winsper been sacked?

BottledDog

Fella over on Talk of the Tyne is saying as much.

This would be the same Paul Winsper, head strength and conditioning coach, who Owen (along with other players) has called a 'fantastic fitness coach', and who lectures and hands out awards at FA fitness conferences.

You can say what you like about our fitness problems, but I'm sure Geordie boy Lee Clark will now be the man to sort them out. :thup:

Guest Knightrider

I don't know the bloke or understand quite what he does, but our fitness record over the years has been appalling and if his remit is to keep players out of the sick-bay or to match condition them, he's not been doing a very good job of it. Any member of medical staff who allows a non qualified person (Souness) to overrule them doesn't deserve a job, sorry.

I don't know the bloke or understand quite what he does, but our fitness record over the years has been appalling and if his remit is to keep players out of the sick-bay or to match condition them, he's not been doing a very good job of it. Any member of medical staff who allows a non qualified person (Souness) to overrule them doesn't deserve a job, sorry.

Thank ferck we have ample cover for him then, eh?

/presuming he has been sacked which is far from certain. ;)

Guest Knightrider

What ye on aboot man, wor Clarkie can de arl that like COZ HE'S GEORDIE, A PROPPER GEORDIE AND GEORDIE'S DIVVENT SHORK FROM A CHALLENGE, YE SHOULD KNAA THAT BONNY LAD, BEING ONE YERSEL.

Said Freddy to a perplexed Glenn Roeder who decided not to interupt Freddy to inform him he's actually a cockney. (it would break his heart)

winsper was the fitness coach the year we finished 3rd and were the comback kings(ie a goal down with 15mins left meant a win),he was also the fitness coach the year after when no team lost the lead more than nufc.

He was the fitness coach more than three boards back. I said 3 + years ago that the fitness and physio staff at Toon should be sacked. They wouldn't get a job sweeping out the physio room for the AB's. Considering, groin and hamstring injuries and their frequency I feel anyone on the medical side at Toon should be on the Dole.

The guy who is going to become a lawyer is not Paul Winsper but the assistant physiotherapist, Ferris I think his name is!

Aye, I think you're correct. I knew one of the back room staff was but couldn't remember who.

yeah i thought he left to persue another career?  it was on some website .com or .co.uk or summit a few weeks ago.

Macphisto has already said that that was not Winsper but Ferris. Either way if one or the other did leave, who did we get as a replacement?

.com still list both of them as:

Assistant Physio Paul Ferris 

Fitness Coach Paul Winsper

"Winsper became disillusioned when he was virtually ignored by the previous management regime at St James' Park and I understand that this had a lot to do with his decision to leave the club.

And whatever may be wrong with United at the moment - and there is a lot - no-one in the game ever accuses them of not being fit."

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK!!!!!