Guitar songs you know.

dinotheprehistoricgeordie

Are you talking play note for note like the actual record or just a busk version?

I can busk to pretty much any song and play hardly any properly!

Aye, I can do some shitty busking version of a canny few, but play accurately maybe 10. Maybe less.

Are you talking play note for note like the actual record or just a busk version?

I can busk to pretty much any song and play hardly any properly!

Aye, I can do some shitty busking version of a canny few, but play accurately maybe 10. Maybe less.

Either really I need to look at guitar tabs online as I'm fairly poor. I'm going to attempt sweet home alabama at some point which should be a larf.

Guest firetotheworks

I used to really love playing Stress on the Sky by Biffy Clyro and T is for Tup Tup by ThisGIRL.

As far as acoustic songs go, Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabees is a lovely song to play, and I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab.

Guest firetotheworks

I do a pretty decent Here Comes The Sun which is pretty close to the record.

Which songs do people enjoy playing the most?

I used to really love playing Stress on the Sky by Biffy Clyro and T is for Tup Tup by ThisGIRL.

As far as acoustic songs go, Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabees is a lovely song to play, and I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab.

This is one of the songs on my list. It will be used to make my girlfriend get naked.

Two favourite songs to play atm are you will be loved by death cab for cutie and seaside by the kooks.

Oh and wonderwall never gets boring.

Guest firetotheworks

If anyones a fan of lush chords, and chord changes in general should invest in a synth like. You'll cum in your pants.

I can play quite a lot of songs, but I seem to have a crappy memory. I always only seem to remember only a few that I have on the go otherwise those tabs need to come up again.

Actually been working on Sleepwalk this week, always wanted to know how to play at least a simpler version of it finally got around to it.

Can play a lot of easy stuff. Most complex stuff i've learnt, i suppose, is stuff like Nothing Else Matters by Metallica - and even then i'm not amazing at the solo. Learnt Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah - that's tricky in places. Nothing too complex really. I've got a comfort zone which i'm not sure i have the confidence or patience to breach without some form of professional tuition.

Recently been trying to learn Pins and Needles by Billy Talent. Some cool riffs in that. Also Bubbles by Biffy Clyro off the new album. Some Biffy stuff is very challenging.

Guest firetotheworks

I can play quite a lot of songs, but I seem to have a crappy memory. I always only seem to remember only a few that I have on the go otherwise those tabs need to come up again.

Actually been working on Sleepwalk this week, always wanted to know how to play at least a simpler version of it finally got around to it.

Aww lovely.

The version I have says its by The Ventures, but when I search elsewhere it's not. I wish I knew who my version was by so I could watch a live version.

Guest firetotheworks

Is there any point me trying to learn when I'm 25?  I tried to learn when I was 16 but was too impatient and couldn't be arsed.  I also displayed zero natural talent.

Aye, its fun once your fingers stop hurting. Or maybe try a different instrument.

Some people have churned out that bullshit to me before; i really don't get it at all. Tabs are a perfectly acceptable way to learn how to play songs. It might be less 'natural', i suppose, but it's a genuine learning method and pointless ignoring when it speeds up the whole process. I don't have a particularly good ear... can't really tune by ear - not from scratch, and suchlike. I don't know where the notes are on the fretboard. But i'm still a reasonably competent guitarist - i've got it all from numbers.