Defending Corners

Tooj

Does it annoy everyone else as much as me that when we defend corners we don't actually leave anyone stood hanging about the half-way line? I know we're top of the league but it just invites pressure that when we do get the ball back from an opposition corner we don't have an outlet, especially when we have someone like Lovenkrands playing. Used to love Chelsea under Mourinho when he would stick three men on the half-way line.

Totally agree. We should always have a player (preferably the quickest) on the half way line.

But then again...Harper wouldn't find him if he got the ball.

Sorry, that last bit was a wind up!  :coolsmiley:

Always has done, Arry left 3 up a few times with Pompey.

I would have 3 ready to attack but not all on the halfway line, someone like Guthrie hanging around at the back end of the box to get the over hit corner & launch it my man or for him to run onto (quickest player in the team would be up there) who would be on the halfway line either on the far left or far right not the middle. Another chap would say Jonas blocking the short but being alert to get on the ball & go if the man on near post wins it & heads it his way.

not only that but having someone in the shearer position would be a good idea. he cleared loads because it was a great position to take up and everyone knew it. in other sports they retire players numbers, we retired shearers defensive position from corners.

also what is the point in sending the like of jaons towards the box for our corners when he'd better off half way between the box and the half way line with danny simpson behind him.

not only that but having someone in the shearer position would be a good idea. he cleared loads because it was a great position to take up and everyone knew it. in other sports they retire players numbers, we retired shearers defensive position from corners.

also what is the point in sending the like of jaons towards the box for our corners when he'd better off half way between the box and the half way line with danny simpson behind him.

Just got in? :lol:

i'm guessing there's about 90 words in that post. one wrong is a damn sight better than my usual rate.

been home since 6pm. she's out..............

but of course next week,

the positions will have changed,

she'll be by the tele.

i'll go out and get deranged.

i'm guessing there's about 90 words in that post. one wrong is a damn sight better than my usual rate.

but of course next week,

she'll be by the tele.

So it's because you haven't had enough to drink. O0

but of course next week,

she'll be by the tele.

So it's because you haven't had enough to drink. O0

which is the reason for most things.

I hate not having anyone forward. It just invites more pressure on. I'd leave one attacker quite far up, ideally a pacy striker (Lovenkrands in your case?) so that a couple of the opposition players are occupied. Would also have one positioned just outside the area to chase down any scraps.

With the Mourinho example, you have to bear in mind how good the defenders who were back in the first place actually were.