WHQ door policy

Slim

Been going there for awhile but last night we were told "We dont allow group of lads in" In my 4 years i have been going there and never head that s***.  From a club that on the site says

"We’re into making a better city with unity & diversity & that’s what we’ve promoted in Newcastle since way back in the day."

http://www.welovewhq.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/tolerance.jpg

:facepalm:

Guest Stephen927

Well we had a group of 4.  So as long as you dont take more than 3 friends with you

Thats really shit. Were you being 'rowdy'?

Not at all i know the crack with doormen by now and i match the indie look if thats what they cared about.  In fact its the first time i ahve ever been turned away and we had only had one drink all night....I did promise that i would not talk to my friends all night but this did not make him reconsider either.

Would exect it from any other club but it just goes against everything WHQ is suppose to be about.

Not at all i know the crack with doormen by now.  In fact we had only had one drink all night....I did promise that i would not talk to my friends all night but this did not make him reconsider either.

Would exect it from any other club but it just goes against everything WHQ is suppose to be about.

bluelaugh.gif

Yeah we've been turned away before because we were a group of about 6 lads. I asked what an acceptable number of people was that didn't constitute a 'group of lads' and was told that they just decide on the night. So yeah, they mustn't have liked the look of you! Although I went back with the same group of lads again plus one girl and they let us in. So get a girl to go in with you and you'll be fine it would appear!

Apart from that once though iv never been turned away, and the bouncers are actually quite sound I think most of the time

Basically any excuse to let in who they want or turn away who they want with most places.

Sure they did some test in Leeds, dressing four asian lads and four white lads in identical clothing to demostrate that strangely it was only the asian chaps who violated the dress policy.

I saw this bloke getting turned away because he was too pissed, he blatantly wasn't the slightest bit drunk (he insisted he hadn't even had a drink and to be honest it looked like it), he was dressed in a suit and was with his lass  :laugh:

I saw this bloke getting turned away because he was too pissed, he blatantly wasn't the slightest bit drunk (he insisted he hadn't even had a drink and to be honest it looked like it), he was dressed in a suit and was with his lass  :laugh:

I went to Foundation a few years back and one of the lasses I was with got knocked back for being too pissed. She hadn't had a drink and had driven us to the club. :lol:

Guest Heneage

I'm amazed we didn't get kicked out of anywhere last night, one of the lads in our group was going on well daft, swinging his shirt round his head and body popping. :lol:

I went to Foundation a few years back and one of the lasses I was with got knocked back for being too pissed. She hadn't had a drink and had driven us to the club. :lol:

Is she ugly?

Is she ugly?

No which was even more surprising.  :lol: One of the prettiest of the group!

Remember one time I got turned away from a place for wearing a Newcastle shirt, so, because I was living in town at the time, I nipped round the corner got a shirt on and went back and he still turned me away. :lol:

Remember one time I got turned away from a place for wearing a Newcastle shirt, so, because I was living in town at the time, I nipped round the corner got a shirt on and went back and he still turned me away. :lol:

England shirt?

Guest firetotheworks

WHQ is starting to get old now like. I like the venue, but the whole doorman thing along with the incredibly patronising preaching and insistence on playing Joni Mitchell (In a club? Howeh man) coupled with the fact that 99% of the time it smells like raw sewage is making me consider other venues to spend my Friday/Saturday nights.

England shirt?

Nah, he was just being a bell-end. Was blatantly looking for an argument and he like, "Oh? Are you pissed off? You look really pissed off." I just went, "Aye, whatever," and we turned round and went to the pub across the road COOL AS FUCK like.