Wireless headphones

Interpolic

Anyone got any?  What are they like, how do they work, etc?  I gather from silent discos and what I've found online that you tune into the TV / Stereo / whatever on your headphones.  Eh how does that work like?  Do you have to do anything to the TV / Stereo?

I'm actually mainly after them to use with my iPod but would find 'em handy for around the house.  Do they actually work with iPods?  I'm very much taken with these (70 quid):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-9924-RS130-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B00080O0SA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260214240&sr=8-1

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6269/headphonesi.jpg

But in the product description it says 'For hi-fi and TV use'.  Does this mean no iPods?  This isn't knacker-proof enough.

You want to cart that thing around with your iPod? Are you mental?

Thanks for making me feel better Keefaz.  :lol:  :thup:  That's the charger.

It's a transmitter, you utter Django.

It bloody charges them up!

Easy recharging: simply hang the headphones onto the charging cradle

Guest Heneage

While on the topic of headphones, has anyone seen the Monster Beats headphones by Dr Dre, no doubt the next Footballer accessory, but they do look mighty tempting despite the £150 or £250 price tag depending on the model you get.

While on the topic of headphones, has anyone seen the Monster Beats headphones by Dr Dre, no doubt the next Footballer accessory, but they do look mighty tempting despite the £150 or £250 price tag depending on the model you get.

He probably got Scott Storch to design them then claimed the idea like it was his own.

Ah man, I think I see what's happening here.

Edit: can you delete threads?  I think I'd like to start again.  :lol:  Teaches me for being a smart arse about a topic I know nothing about.

:lol: Don't delete it, man.

Edit: can you delete threads?  I think I'd like to start again.  :lol:  Teaches me for being a smart arse about a topic I know nothing about.

:lol: Don't delete it, man.

Aye it's fine, I won't.  I think I just learnt a very important lesson.

Come back to this thread in five years time, and you'll have the last laugh, Interlad, I'm sure when you're breakdancing on the moon with your wireless music brain implants.

:lol:

Thanks for your kind words.

I'm not impressed with the situation to be honest.  It's 2009 - this transmitter thing should be the size of a pea, tops.

Guest Heneage

He probably got Scott Storch to design them then claimed the idea like it was his own.

Scott Storch could do with the cash like. :lol:

They are pretty slick and really for those in the music industry or profession who require good quality sound, it's whether I could honestly justify it for when listening back to interviews, I doubt it but we shall see maybe if a daft bet comes off.

:lol:

Try bluetooth stereo headphones, i think they'll be what you are looking for.

Cheers TT.  I've been having a look at Bluetooth headsets as I found the answer on Yahoo Answers, which is just basically Newcastle Online without Keefaz taking the piss and getting your name wrong.  Does it mean I've got to buy one of them dongle things for my iPod, like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GEAR4-Bluetooth-sender-dongle-iPod/dp/B000UUUGB8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260227149&sr=8-1

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2204/dongle.jpg