Our fans are clearly the best in the land...

Heron

If you measured 'best fans' by distance travelled x numbers travelling. theres no arguememnt, we have the furthest to travel and travel in the biggest numbers. the only team in the prem who can challenge us on that is Manure, cos thier fans are from the whole universe.

anyone know the average attendance for Barnsley?

Having 7,000 of us there is class.....will be just like a home game and we might almost outnumber the Barnsley fans :lol:

Their average attendance is 11,971.

If you measured 'best fans' by distance travelled x numbers travelling. theres no arguememnt, we have the furthest to travel and travel in the biggest numbers. the only team in the prem who can challenge us on that is Manure, cos thier fans are from the whole universe.

Not forgetting its easy supporting a team that wins a trophy just about every season.

Our travelling fans are legendary and as said if it was down to distance travelled X numbers then nobody would touch us.

Best in the land - not sure ??

We're a club in a large catchment area with a huge fan base but that doesn't make us any better than the hundred or so who will follow Darlo, Accy Stanley or any similar club away. Maybe they're the best fans in the land.

We'll see how good we are when we hit the inevitable sticky patch and lose a couple of games and whether we stick by the team and management or whether we start shouting for Keegan/Shearer again.

how many does that away end hold? it will be rocking on saturday.

* caution, last time i went we outnumbered them and got beat 0-1 and the exhaust fell off me car.

I can recall a lot of anti-climaxes in these types of games (Boxing Day, Good Fridays, big cup matches etc at Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Sheff U etc) when we took 10,000 plus and the team froze on the day.

Hopefully this lot will be better prepared and not freeze.

Our travelling fans are legendary and as said if it was down to distance travelled X numbers then nobody would touch us.

We're a club in a large catchment area with a huge fan base but that doesn't make us any better than the hundred or so who will follow Darlo, Accy Stanley or any similar club away. Maybe they're the best fans in the land.

We'll see how good we are when we hit the inevitable sticky patch and lose a couple of games and whether we stick by the team and management or whether we start shouting for Keegan/Shearer again.

piss off with your sensible argument, we need rabble rousing rhetoric.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!*

( south yorkshire*)

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!*

( south yorkshire*)

I think it will be great for a lot of the young uns who may not have experienced one of these days before.

Years ago it was the standard for games in South Yorkshire.

I've seen some big away followings, I missed the Liverpool away 0-4 cup game but I think the biggest I ever saw was Sheff Wed away one promotion season when we lost 4-2. Estimates put our support at 16-18,000 and although it was harder to give an accurate number back then the gate was about 48,000 and we definitely had at least a third of that.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!*

( south yorkshire*)

I think it will be great for a lot of the young uns who may not have experienced one of these days before.

Years ago it was the standard for games in South Yorkshire.

I've seen some big away followings, I missed the Liverpool away 0-4 cup game but I think the biggest I ever saw was Sheff Wed away one promotion season when we lost 4-2. Estimates put our support at 16-18,000 and although it was harder to give an accurate number back then the gate was about 48,000 and we definitely had at least a third of that.

was at the liverpool one 12-14000 , the noise was something else. Notts county Away last promtion season sticks in the mind as a massive noisey away following as well.

This is what usually impresses me about Newcastle fans - the away following. I've said before, I'm not surprised you get large numbers at home still because of the geography of the area, but to consistently pack out away ends and indeed in this case potentially outnumber the home fans, is indicitive of the passion of the fanbase.  :thup:

Before you get too carried away, the Mackems took the same the last time they were there.

They're inbreds though, we win

and less to travel.

and smaller crowds in a higher division.

win,win, win.

Best away crowd I've been in was probably the 7k or so at Blackburn when Big Sam was in charge (of us). Shite performance, but a cracking atmosphere for 90minutes. Near-death experience when Oba opened the scoring too.

This is what usually impresses me about Newcastle fans - the away following. I've said before, I'm not surprised you get large numbers at home still because of the geography of the area, but to consistently pack out away ends and indeed in this case potentially outnumber the home fans, is indicitive of the passion of the fanbase.  :thup:

Not sure what you mean by this...